The 2017 Film DiScussion Thread

Yeah I thought the remake was pretty terrible apart from the action scenes which were actually done quite well.

I saw the first one and a half and found them really dull tbh

WELL, try again!

Good Time is getting a tiny release, only appears to be showing in Curzon cinemas which is a pain as they’re so pricey. Not particularly keen on VOD so just going to have to deal with it.

Took son to see Thor: Ragnarok. Fairly enjoyable, quite a bit of humour in there.
Great soundtrack too.

argghhhhhhhh

maybe

(probs wont)

Leviathan is on the BBC iplayer too which I need to check out

or at least watch the last one

Mudbound is out on Netflix tomorrow I think and is meant to be good

Read a synopsis of this and I dunno…I’m sure it’ll be good, it’s definite Oscar bait, but feels like something I’ve already watched before.

Can’t be Oscar bait, it’s a Netflix film. The Academy are really snotty about Netflix stuff it seems.

might watch “the love witch” tonight. any good?

1 Like

yes it’s really great

1 Like

EVEN @Ruffers LIKES IT AND HE HATES FILM

hmm i’m suspicious, might be trolling us

1 Like

It’s very nice stylistically and it’s got a clever perspective, drags a tad towards the end but overall really good

2 Likes

Big fan. Also watch for the credits, the director did so many different roles for this film it’s not even funny. She put the work in.

1 Like

yeah I really enjoyed it

it’s really well shot to seem like a bit of a throwback without seeming like it’s trying too hard

2 Likes

Echoing the same sentiments as Sev, TKC, Ruffers & JagPirate above - its great! Visually stunning and Samantha Robinson gives a mesmerising lead performance!

1 Like

just back from this. enjoyed it way more than i was expecting.

The Russian one I presume as it was on BBC4 a week or two ago