The 2017 Film DiScussion Thread

It is a Disney movie!!

2 Likes

haha. i’d say Lynch was probably chuffed by that

it seems a strange pairing, to say the least!

Lost Highway isn’t really scary. It’s essentially a less good Mulholland Drive.

agree it’s not his best but robert blake is pretty scary, man

Can I say how fucking awful Alien Covenant was again?

1 Like

go for it, mate

1 Like

Cool!

Alien Covenant was fucking awful.

4 Likes

High rise was shit, yes.

Nic cage is good in Raising Arizona too

1 Like

Just back from Wonder Woman. First three quarters are surprisingly good before a rather formulaic biff bang pow fight against a super boss in the last reel.

Gal Gadot can certainly rock the WW gear.

She is distractingly attractive with all the marketing everywhere, it’s kind of doing my head in a bit.

1 Like

Agree. Will have to watch again I can concentrate on the film and plot instead of sighing over Gal.

Saw My Life As a Courgette this evening. Very charming and lovely but I wasn’t quite as enamoured with it as a lot of the critics it seems. It didn’t have the emotional punch for me that I think I was expecting but it is well worth seeing.

Just finished Annie Hall, really enjoyed it, was looking up more Woody Allen films and then… fucking hell. Fuck

Didnt you know about him?

Dont avoid his films though cause hes made some wonderful stuff

4 Likes

also. Nic Cage is great in loads!

My Life as a Courgette - really liked this, thought it was very sweet and touching. Wish it had been a bit longer though.

I can see why people choose not to watch Woody Allen films, as he’s one of those directors who are impossible to separate from their work especially seeing as he’s in most of them. But if you can reconcile yourself with his personal life then he’s made about half a dozen of the best comedies you’ll ever see.

quite liked it :upside_down: