The 2017 Forum Album of the Year RESULTS

End of year list I can get behind. Think it was someone on this board that’s turned me on to Protomartyr, awesome band.

1 Like

THe julie Byrne album was the opposite of a grower for me. Really enjoyed it the first few times but then saw her live and was really underwhelmed. Was the perfect environment for it too - lovely old candle lit church, but her performance lacked any edge which really diminished the album for me when i listen to it at home.

Conversely aldous Harding put on my live show of 2017 - with a persona that definitely didn’t lack edge - and probably ended up my aoty in large part due to the live show enhancing my enjoyment of the album.

There is a lot more ‘edge’ (for want of a better term) to the Aldous Harding album than to the Julie Byrne. I don’t dislike the JB record, I just find it a bit underwhelming. The word ‘nice’ comes to mind, which is always worrying.

Thanks @Prob500 Great work!

With 3 of my top 5 in the final top 50, this would have to be my DiSest year in a long time. Helped that it was a pretty decent year for music all round, whereas the last 4 or so haven’t really excited me. Was comfortably able to make a top 10 of 4+ star albums

Missed this somehow - great work though! Really enjoyed the lists and agree that it’s probably the definitive of all the best-of lists I saw for the year.

No surprise here that most of the acts on this list are not Brits since this is the self hating Brit music site. Surprised to see Everything Everything on the list, At least one person from here has good taste.

Hahahahaha ok pal :joy:

1 Like

Happy new year!

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes