The 2022 DIS users albums of the the year - RESULTS

Many thanks for all the contributions to this year’s poll - we had 162 contributors (a new record in the 9 years I have been doing this) who suggested 356 albums in their top 5s of the year (also a new record, nearly 10% more than last year).

A change of plan for this year, rather than me dumping all the results in one go, @Severed799 has kindly offered to do a countdown thread to increase the dramatic tension (and general chit chat and Simpson memes). It’s gong to be a countdown of the top 47 albums (all of which had at least 3 people nominating them). The scores are aggregated on the basis of 5 points for a first place, 4 for a 2nd etc, down to 1 point for a 5th place.

Once the main results have been announced I’ll pop back (probably this evening) to give some pleasure to the stattos - which album had the highest average score? Which album had the highest number of nominations? And, of course, the highly coveted Adebisi Shank award. (The first year I did this the 3rd Adebisi Shank album appeared in only 5 lists, and was first place in all of them. Hence the award for the album liked most by a small number of people).

So it’s over to @Severed799 … when they are ready …

30 Likes

30 Likes
3 Likes

Happy Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 Likes

BAH GAWD YER BOY HAS FINISHED WATCHING WRESTLE KINGDOM AND HAD HIS LUNCH

7 Likes

Let me just make a coffee and have a tab and we’ll get this show on the road!

2 Likes

episode 7 GIF

2 Likes

20 Likes

2 Likes

one man mission to bring SpongeBob-posting to DiS continues apace

8 Likes

Good luck - this board is notoriously averse to unintelligent yellow characters

5 Likes

Ah bollocks thought I another day or two to get my list in :frowning:

1 Like

right, no results for you.

1 Like

You best believe I’m calling it a fix if BC,NR win now

4 Likes

confused the simpsons GIF

6 Likes

17 Likes

I had no hand in the voting or results process other than voting for the best album of the year, Ants From Up There as my number 1 pick of course

3 Likes

i guess it’s only fitting that we go through all this rigmarole only for the most OK album of the year to come out on top

4 Likes

Let me just remind you a Radiohead-affiliated record was eligible in 2022.

When “Insert Album You Don’t Like Here” wins

1 Like