The 2022 DIS users albums of the the year - RESULTS

Alright then, let’s get started. Will this happen again?! Who knows! But very excited and honoured to be presenting DiS’s Fsvourite Albums of 2022 Results Thread. I’ll be making a playlist as I go, and thank you as ever to @Prob500 for their hard work in making this happen.

The first block of results has a few entries, so HERE WE GO!

12 Likes

When “Album You Like” Doesn’t Win

addtext_com_MDc0OTM1MTA2NDk

3 Likes

=41. (11 points) Horsegirl - Visions Of Modern Performance

Ethel Cain - Preacher’s Daughter

Daniel Avery - Ultra Truth

Stromae - Multitude

Maria BC - Hyaline

Sharon Van Etten - We’ve Been Going About This All Wrong

Cult of Luna - The Long Road North

8 Likes

Stromae robbed

3 Likes

IT BEGINS! :smiley:

2 Likes

The Stromae album has been weirdly underrated in all of the end of year lists I think. Well reviewed when it came out and an obvious masterpiece in my view, but it seems to have been a bit forgotten about.

2 Likes

still haven’t listened to Sharon despite liking the last one

Horsegirl sounded fine but didn’t stick with me, just a perfectly pleasant indie rock album where i didn’t remember a single track after it finished. worth trying again?

2 Likes

I must deserve some kind of prize for having two of my five choices in the very bottom group.

3 Likes

like bits of the Maria BC album a lot, one I should go back to

think Horsegirl just got nudged from my list when I remembered to actually include rap albums lol, but definitely a good one in the 20-25 range for me. Billy is a banger

That single ‘Anti-Glory’ is really good, the rest is… fine?

authorial bias going on with the video choices already smh

Jesus christ I don’t even know what half of these are DO WE NEED A POLL FOR THIS TOO?

2 Likes

If you needed 11 points to qualify, I suspect two of mine haven’t made it at all…

5 Likes

Nice to see the love for the Maria BC album – probably one of the slowest-growing albums of all time (for me). Only really loved two of the tracks initially but kept coming back to it every fortnight or so for months until I was suddenly playing it five times a day :slight_smile:

Adore that Daniel Avery record, glad it’s made the cut.

5 Likes

Don’t think any of my five got any other votes. Hoping for some error in the counting will mean they end up placing quite highly.

1 Like

=36. (12 Points) Mitski - Laurel Hell

Tomberlin - I Don’t Know Who Needs To Hear This

Suede - Autofiction

The Mars Volta - The Mars Volta

Nina Nastasia - Riderless Horse

8 Likes

feels like the Mitski album came out about 2 years ago by now

(haven’t heard it)

5 Likes

only heard Happy Accident from the tomberlin album, loved it so that’s one to finally get to as well

3 Likes

next up, a couple of single-placed positions…