The Actual Christmas Eve Thread

Hi :wave:

2 Likes

:wave:
Morning Rich, morning everyone. Early gym session, then home to pack for the journey home. HBU?

Working until 2pm, home, finish wrapping as I fell asleep doing it yesterday, have a shower, do the washing up and then travel to my parents for Christmas

ARE YOU HANGING UP YOUR STOCKING ON YOUR WALL

13 Likes

Morning rich, all. Off to work in a minute till 6pm then home for cola ham and dauphinois, as is christmas eve tradition in the Funkhouse.

THE MOON IS RIGHT

3 Likes

Morning!

Hope work isn’t too hellish @rich-t, and also for you @Funkhouser as I see you typing, oh wait now you have posted. Also to any other retail folk x

Ankle is stiff af though not too painful yet. Not really looking forward to getting out of bed.

R’s dad is over today to do his Christmas stuff with R. Wasn’t looking forward to that anyway, but particularly dreading the inquisition about how I hurt my ankle and why didn’t I call him to look after Robin when it happened*. Going to be so draining having my ability to parent shred apart unjustly.

*I didn’t call him because I knew other family would come quicker, and also he said he was totally broke until Christmas eve anyway.

1 Like

We took more yesterday than we do in a while week. Madness. Hope it goes quickly for you bud. :fist::fist:

1 Like

festive 500: go go go!!!

2 Likes

Yeah we did our second most money ever. You too, try not to punch anyone, I’m promising nothing :fist:

6 Likes

Or, you could say,

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE, BABE / IIIIIIIIIN THE FUNKHOUSE

19 Likes

Going Full Noddy Holder when I get back - feels the right thing to do, given I’ll be so close to his homeland - and hanging it on the

W-A-A-A-A-A -A-A-A-L-L-L

Hallo.

Work until a time yet to be specified today, then home to wrap the last pressie, off to my ex’s for festive time with the kids. Think I’m sleeping on an airbed tonight, the actual worst! Anyway, needs must.

Ask for dinner (as in the average Italian restaurant, not having to request it. Although I will have to do that) and for once not have to share the table with people I don’t want to, then a drive around Croxley Green where they have incredible Xmas Light displays.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Shops not open yet so I’m blasting Springsteen and The Pogues and I’d quite like it if work was just this for 10 hours please.

1 Like

Have been to Morrisons and M&S and now have some kind of present for everyone yay. WFH until early afternoon and then going to my mother’s. There’s going to be 6 adults and 2 dogs in a not huge house and I’ll be sleeping on an air bed, so that’s going to be lots of fun.

Have full care of my dogs from the weekend onwards. Just keeled over in agony trying to reverse my car, so dog walking is going to be lots of fun.

Lots of fun.

Can I have an expanded vocabulary for Christmas please?

36 Likes

Morning all. Spent the morning wandering round Kathmandu. Love the place

29 Likes

Was gonna start the festive selfie thread in a bit but you’ve just blown everyone else out of the water!

Repetition serves to enhance the point I think. At least that is what I tell myself when I have used the same phrase half a dozen times in a post.

Hope things get less painful and the airbed isn’t too awful x

3 Likes

Love a festive selfie thread :heart:

2 Likes