The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

2 Likes

Ah fucks sake, try to not let it get to you dude x

Christ on a bike. Really ran the judge’s son over repeatedly with that one. Hope you’re in a better place soon.

2 Likes

ONLY POST COMEDY I APPROVE OF PERSONALLY

what thread do i post in if i want to give out about a supernaturally shit St****d H**s meme?

6 Likes

this thread got so weird/kinda toxic. which is bizarre really. it’s a thread on a music board about a 30 year old TV show. banning people for posting related memes that you could just not watch is ridiculous

12 Likes

Banning is extreme and a bit odd.

The increasingly unfunny Steamed Hams takes have made me like the original less though, so obviously I’ve stopped watching them.

3 Likes

i think people are jumping on parsefone way too much over this. the thread was just becoming wall to wall steamed hams. and it’s not funny anymore. all forums have rules, this is one of the most relaxed. it’s unfortunate it was taken to heart this latest time but it’s in the thread title

4 Likes

I think that bit of title got added after @incandenza’s post though?

Anyway, I think we’ve established it’s done now with today’s horrendous outing

1 Like

cry me a river bootlicker

1 Like

aye. like any meme, they’re funny, they get popular, they get less funny, people stop posting it.

in the future just let it run its course unless people are spamming with the intent of annoying people (which i really don’t believe was the case here)

1 Like

I am pro-Steamed Hams but I think the mood in here was pretty strongly ‘stop posting them’ and @Parsefone was clear about the bannination.

HOWEVER, I did note that in all our to-ing and fro-ing (partly my fault) the thread title didn’t maintain the threats so I felt it only fair to bring 'candenza back but edit the thread title accordingly.

I moved his post to the ‘Simpsons Steamed Hams’ thread where all Steamed Hams chat is welcome.

I did even look at moving all Steamed Hams from here to there but made a fatal misclick on my post selection that fucked up about 5 minutes of finding the right ones and so I gave up.

1 Like

Yeah, the banning thing is kind of part of the joke as well, isn’t it? As I said upthread, it’s like when andyvine got a temporary ban after posting his “cartoon characters as adults” thread on the old boards.

It’s probably better just to move the posts without fuss, though.

2 Likes

He wasn’t clear, he was capricious and hypocritical depending on the user.

He didn’t ban sarahispi because it’s sarahispi, which is understandable - but don’t ban anyone then

6 Likes

I banned sarahispi. Consider digging the stick out of your arse.

wah wah

I don’t remember that, but it’s pathetic to ban people for this anyway so go fuck yourself