The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

can you imagine if that had been the last episode?

classic era Simpsons is already venerated, but I think it would actually be EVEN MORE SO

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never watched The Simpsons from start to finish

it would weird me out

maybe one for the deathbed, alongside watching that four hour bullshit Twin Peaks explained video (the one people say ā€œactually this is probably legitā€, not the one where it slowly becomes apparent that the theoriser has been through horrible trauma)

1 Like

Caught the one where the town splits by area code on TV the other day.

Woof indeed.

:musical_note: For no reason, hereā€™s The Whoooo :musical_note:

4 Likes

As far as Iā€™m concerned, it is the last episode.

Apparently they originally wanted to end the season on it but someone up top decoded it was too much of a bummer and went witht the military school one instead but yeah, Homerā€™s Enemy is the natural conclusion of the show and I often wish theyā€™d held out and actually made it the finale

I remember that one being funny for the first 5 minutes then descending into utter bilge

Theyā€™re still better than the stuff that comes after

2 Likes

Just reminded myself of the S12 episode list. Thereā€™s some serious pish in there, but Hungry Hungry Homer and Trilogy of Error are genuinely great episodes. I guess Iā€™ve got that to look forward to :man_shrugging: TBF, even the aforementioned travesty that is the area-code Who episode features the wonderful ā€œbadger my ass, itā€™s probably Milhouseā€ scene.

(really really not looking forward to the fecking Kid Rock S11 episode coming up soonā€¦)

1 Like

Isnā€™t it funny how The Simpsons is going to be to the next generation as The Flintstones was to ours

Sorry, I had this thought earlier while I was arranging the tins in my cupboard and I needed to vocalise it somewhere

7 Likes

I think the Kid Rock episode is the point at which I stopped watching altogether. Astonishingly rapid decline from the best thing on TV to essentially, the worst.

2 Likes

11 Likes

ā€œThis muscle shirt is a good find.ā€

ā€œDad, thatā€™s a sports bra.ā€

Well played, S11. Well played.

Itā€™s S12 and A Tale of Two Springfields time. The first 7-8 minutes of this episode are utterly hilarious, then everything turns to unpolished shit once New Springfield is formed. I canā€™t take much more, and the Who havenā€™t even turned up yetā€¦

1 Like

9 Likes

Thought the new short before Onward was quite nice. Mostly cos none of the characters talk.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why a lot of people donā€™t consider Season 9 as golden age

Conversely, I was thoroughly annoyed

a) that there was no Pixar short and
b) that they made me watch new Simpsons, which is bereft of anything that made good Simpsons good

1 Like

My DVD player has S12 sussed

17 Likes

would you have just watched Behind The Laughter? Is that the end of Season 11? If so thatā€™s the definitive end of the show

2 Likes

Yes, Behind The Laughter (end of S11) was a few days ago. Iā€™m now watching things that donā€™t exist, because Iā€™m a fool and a glutton for punishment. TBH, I donā€™t think S11 exists either.

2 Likes