The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s been mentioned, but theyā€™ve fixed the aspect ratio on Disney plus

3 Likes

You have entered POWER DRIVE

https://twitter.com/thatbilloakley/status/1271893517212610560

9 Likes
3 Likes

Le Carvaloi

Iā€™m onto season 8 now and the casual ease of it all is just mindblowing, classic lines just coming out in every scene.

4 Likes

The first couple of seasons arenā€™t hilarious but are still very good television, just relatively serious in places and even dark at times. In fact, Season 3 and 4 might be my favourite as they retain some of the heart of the early episodes but kicks the laughs up a notch. The signs of strain/Flanderisation actually kick in pretty soon afterwards but theyā€™re able to ride the wave of several years of great comedy before it falls apart at the seams and Homer becomes a complete arsehole.

4 Likes

Not a big fan of season 1, feels a bit too ā€˜Donā€™t have a cow, man!ā€™ at times. I used to write of season 2 a bit as well though but it actually holds up quite well.

3 Likes

Watched a brilliant S1 episode the other day, the one where they all go to family therapy. It was funny because Homer had his old gruff voice trying to get everyone to behave and Marge was being a wild card getting really drunk, like they hadnā€™t fully worked the characters out yet, it was sweet.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a really ropey episode, but that bit and the bit where they run around the stadium to cheering for an hour are both great.

1 Like

Yeah, Moeā€™s line is a pretty funny punchline

1 Like

Only just realised heā€™s thinking about a Big Mac

3 Likes

Marge! A penalty shot with only four seconds left. Itā€™s your child versus mine! The winner will be showered with praise; the loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore!

3 Likes

8 Likes

580762 584099 586385

5 Likes

hereā€™s your turtleā€¦alive and well

2 Likes

oh I quite like that episode, for what it is.

I always thought it was good when I was younger, and then I heavily backed it a couple of years ago when me and my friends were looking for an episode to watch and it wasnā€™t great. Itā€™s not awful, just quite indicative of that era of the Simpsons.

1 Like