The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

My DVD player has S12 sussed

16 Likes

would you have just watched Behind The Laughter? Is that the end of Season 11? If so that’s the definitive end of the show

1 Like

Yes, Behind The Laughter (end of S11) was a few days ago. I’m now watching things that don’t exist, because I’m a fool and a glutton for punishment. TBH, I don’t think S11 exists either.

2 Likes

I don’t think it does either, like I said, Homer’s Enemy is the end of the show for me, but Behind the Laughter is as far as I will go if pushed. (I actually quite like it as a piece of meta-fiction)

1 Like

I’m less of a fan of BtL, if only because I hated it when the show started becoming overly self-referential, knowing, ironic and meta (“the Simpsons have already owned a horse”, “worst episode ever”, “we went through all that to end up with a tennis court/bet you didn’t see that coming” etc etc). It’s funnier than all those moments, TBF, just the most glaring example of something I’m generally not fond of in any medium.

The S13 episode list looks like an improvement on S12, at least

got an email saying selected episodes are streaming on all 4

2 Likes

this was when Channel 4 start showing it at prime time on Friday nights. i remember being quite excited at the idea of NEW Simpsons episodes and on at a serious time, then watched this one and didn’t bother watching the following week

1 Like

weirdly this was on at the weekend. i also had that VHS but i always liked it and still do. there’s a few good episodes in that season, Lisa the Skeptic is a big favourite that i definitely thought was earlier.

i had this book as a kid

it covers every episode up to season 8, and i read it non stop at the time so i’ve always got a natural distrust for anything that i don’t remember from the book (even if there are a handful of gooduns after it)

13 Likes

oh yeah i also saw the episode where they go to London at the weekend, first time i’ve seen it all the way through l i think

christ.

1 Like

I had this book! How great to have a book covering the whole run of such a funny, insightful and moving TV show, eh?

7 Likes

Man I poured over this book as a kid.

6 Likes

I also had this book and think the same :wink:

1 Like

Always annoyed me Bart has a blue shirt on it though

1 Like

This aged well

2 Likes

Every episode by IMDB score (stolen from Reddit)

7 Likes

I’m rewatching from the start now on Disney plus and most of the season 1 episodes are pretty overrated here tbh

About halfway through season 2 now and it’s miles better

I watched Season 1 the other week and thought it was actually mad underrated if anything. Are Disney fixing the aspect ratio though? I’ve moved onto other things until they do because it’s unwatchable on a large telly in this state.

Season 1 is virtually a different show, and I think it has to be judged in that light.

6 Likes

By the end of May, apparently