The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

The red one in season 6 is the romance-orientated callback show, which is fair enough.

The red one in season 9 isn’t the one you think! Principal and the Pauper scores a respectable 7.0 here. The red one is Reality Bites, where Marge becomes a realtor and Snake tries to get his car back from Homer. Slightly harsh imo.

2 Likes

it’s the all singing all dancing clip show ain’t it?

This one

meant the red one in S9

My apologies, yeah it is. Makes much more sense, that one really sucked.

1 Like

Anyone up for a pretty difficult golden era simpsons quiz (next week maybe? Wednes?)

• YES
  • NO
  • MAYBE

0 voters

Huh, Homer’s Enemy is the highest rated at 9.3

thought most people shared the opinion that season 1 was shite.

that was on last week, so bad. i was convinced it was much later than S9 until recently.

1 Like

it’s not bad for a clip show episode, that one. still just a clip show though i suppose.

does get referenced in The First Big Weekend by Arab Strap though, Moffat clearly thinks more highly of it.
“Sunday afternoon we go up to John’s with a lot of beer in time to watch the Simpsons. It was a really good episode about love always ending in tragedy except, of course, for Marge and Homer. It was quite moving at the end and to tell you the truth my eyes were a bit damp.”

3 Likes

dunno about shite per se, just as @Parsefone said, it’s a different show which hasn’t really found its footing yet (and some mental animation). There’s still some good stuff in there though otherwise it wouldn’t have been picked up

Checked out the lowest rated, 22 of 23. It is, of course

4 Likes

Is that a celebrity?

Christ it doesn’t even look like her

Never seen it but seen how badly it is regarded, anyone care to admit they’ve watched it?

Might give it a hate watch tonight. If not now then when eh

2 Likes

yep. it’s really really bad

Care to explain what is especially awful about this one?

it’s just a big lady gaga advert and unashamedly so. lady gaga has psychic powers alerting her that lisa is sad ffs. ya know. the whole modern day simpsons, everything has to be an of-the-time cultural reference. but to the max

1 Like