The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

S27: Turns out Homer both contemplated suicide and went into space multiple times in a flashback episode

6 Likes

youā€™ve never been?

14 Likes

this scene does me every time. the episode descends into the usual zombie simpsons nonsense by the third act, but the first half is golden

(once named a fantasy world cup team ā€œThe Beckham Punchersā€ in tribute to this scene)

1 Like

11 Likes

Canā€™t help seeing stuff like this from Trump

and thinking how much it echoes

21 Likes

Itā€™s fine, that episode ended well for the people of Springfiā€¦ oh yeah

Itā€™s fine, when the US is just a gigantic pile of festering garbage theyā€™ll just move to the next countrā€¦ oh

2 Likes

4 Likes

Such a loss

4 Likes

The cough is genius.

Yeah season 9 is a weird one, a mixture of classic level episodes and a few where itā€™s really starting to lose its way. First signs of the decline for sure. The Carny one is alright really, Iā€™m sure there are worse ones in that season. I hate the song compilation one.

Season 10 is on Channel 4 at the minute, never been a big fan of it but watching it now it holds up a lot better than I expected, just in comparison to everything since (still on the decline though obv)

Young people are all basically Frank Grimes now

11 Likes

How did the Simpsons manage to go to Japan ahead of the Flanders family simply by driving past them in the airport into what looked like the boarding tunnel.

1 Like

4 Likes

Canā€™t watch something that doesnā€™t exist

2 Likes

I really wanna play this again

1 Like

iā€™ve never managed to make it through the whole thing. iā€™ve seen the first 15 minutes or so about 3 times and iā€™ve seen the end once but never managed to stick around for anything in between. proper shit.

2 Likes

Iā€¦ Donā€™t get this joke.

Theyā€™re both fundraising activities. Why would you be doing one for the purpose of the other?

Watched this last night. Itā€™s a bit old so youā€™ve probably all seen it, but I enjoyed it. What I wouldnā€™t give to have been one of the writers in that room in 1992.