The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

I’ll stand up to those murderous trolls

I always thought he was saying off, as in short for offspring.

20221008_003116

17 Likes

watched one of the new simpsons episodes cos broti gupta wrote it and i’m a simp

it’s pretty funny tbf. like much better than any other modern episode i can remember accidentally seeing

still freaks me out how different some of the character’s voices sound though. marge sounds 100 years old. and it being set in modarn day feels so weird

1 Like

I watched this too because I also in love with the funny woman from the Internet

I liked homer and wiggum imagining dogs mowing the lawn but I didn’t care for Marge or Quimby’s weird voices

Still better than it has been for 15 years or so but can’t see myself rushing back

1 Like

Genuinely didn’t know Broti Gupta was more than just a funny woman on Twitter, that’s cool.

Love that game! Was a highlight of many summer holidays, here’s the day I completed it!

6 Likes

the rabbits are references to Groening’s earlier Life Is Hell comics

1 Like

There are loads of cabinet options out there that are just emulation boxes in a nice setup, it’s a whole other wormhole after handhelds.

1 Like

:drooling_face:

1 Like

I haven’t looked into it in any detail because I would have nowhere to put one, but I’m sure there’s a modding community who know how to add more games, and upgrade the parts (I assume they don’t use Sanwa or other high end sticks and buttons). One day it would be nice to do a whole project from scratch and build a whole cab and the internals but I’m not sure it will ever happen.

1 Like
7 Likes

I think ‘Marge has rabbit ears under her hair’ was one of those very early ideas that they dropped, like Homer secretly being Krusty

1 Like

3 Likes

Think Selma’s Choice might be my favourite episode

2 Likes

This

Is in the same ep as this?

Well blow me down

3 Likes

Wallet inspector is from Simpsons??

WBMD

3 Likes

Everything is from the Simpsons