The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

that’s sort of the point isn’t it?

8 Likes

Fucking hell

The clip in that article is beyond abysmal.

Marge sounds so old and worn out. :frowning:

4 Likes

can’t help but feel people should just be ignoring this latest episode, instead of giving it a sliver of attention for the first time in 20 years. (?citation) this might be giving the writers ideas now

1 Like

11 Likes

today in work two people pulled out of our 5-a-side team for some charity tournament

me: “it’s going to be like that episode of the simpsons where everyone gets an injury and isn’t able to play”

safe to say now that i don’t think anyone in my team watches the simpsons.

6 Likes

most of them aren’t even injuries really are they. joke’s on me. well it already was, y’know.

3 Likes

This made me both mad at The Simpsons and sad at how irrelevant it has become. So weird that a show that used to be so sharp as hell has been reduced to weird land grabs for our attention.

5 Likes

It’s just so tacky. The allusion is so tenuous, they have to pan to a picture of Apu on Lisa’s bedside table. Just so weak. They could have had a genuinely interesting episode exploring the stereotypes of Springfield or another Apu-focussed episode. Feels like they’ve just given up and waiting for one of the main voice actors to die so they can kick it all in,

2 Likes

BicmRJmIAAAeUc3

1 Like

The irony is they have actually done that episode, but I guess that was before a tv doc was made about how offensive Apu is to South Asian/Indian people so no one noticed.

(even though they did acknowledge it in the doc, and I’ve seen it, it’s alright)

Is that one of the newer ones, or the one where Apu gets American citizenship? I’ve not watched the doc, may try and watch it.

Also worth noting that Manjula (Apu’s wife) was voiced by Jan Hooks. So 9 years into the show they went out of their way to hire a white person. Then when Jan Hooks died in 2014 they had another white woman do the voice, but at least with the excuse that she was in-house talent.

Is there a band called Milpool?

If not, I’m taking it to the classifieds thread

2 Likes

extremely disappointed by the lack of any simpsons related song titles tbh

2 Likes

more recent, but I can’t for the life of me find it because I don’t watch new episodes (and there are hundreds of them), obviously, and because now this new episode is all that comes up when I search for it, I just happened to catch it one day.

I do think while the voice can certainly be deemed offensive though they have devoted more time into Apu’s back story than maybe any other secondary character (other than Krusty maybe?)

Sub-thread, Simpsons related potential song-title ideas:

“We’ll Always Have The Laundromat”, “Matlock Expressway”

2 Likes