The Aftermath Football Thread Of Man City Finally Getting Their Pants Pulled Down

Boooo

1 Like

One of those players nobodyā€™s ever really seen play.

5 Likes

I saw him play, along with kolasinac, matip, sane and the real star, Franco di Santo. Choupo moting too. Strange Schalke squad

1 Like

I knew youā€™d say this.

Anyway, Iā€™m not in the least bit surprised. I thought weā€™d go for either Djzeko or Naangolan (canā€™t be bothered to check the spelling). Weā€™re always romanced by the players that hurt us.

Aguero next link.

itā€™d be really great if we signed Lucas Moura.

Not sure depor can afford his wages

when-youre-getting-roasted-but-got-no-comeback-so-all-you-can-do-is-mock-their-laugh-kVWT4

4 Likes

Iā€™ve spoken to Sean and he insists on a strict one club per user policy, helps the advertisers. Sorry

3 Likes

Colchester it is then.

1 Like
1 Like

One of these things is not like the othersā€¦

Seriously though, Gerrard was stupid from the club and he was always going to get away with it due to being Mr. Liverpool (and I assume youā€™re responding to the Phil Collins stuff?)

Firmino is an ongoing probe (three weeks so far) and the match report and videos are pretty inconclusive, so itā€™s pretty hard for them to take a stance. Although it would have been nice for them to restate a policy of 0 tolerance for racism for them to follow through with should anything come to light.

Suarez was an embarrassing shitshow - the people involved in which (marketing, comms, manager, all sorts of backroom staff) are no longer with the club, so hopefully the change of policy is more reflective of that, albeit perhaps knee jerk and not showing enough ā€˜duty of careā€™? Itā€™s difficult, because baring in mind the wages heā€™s on (in football terms not much, but in average terms - fucking tons) is it right that he should continue to benefit from being paid well and have such a enviable job so the club can hopefully nurture and change him?

People tried to change all sorts of players in the past and they stayed cunts (article writer comes to mindā€¦) Iā€™d like to see more preemptive stuff from all clubs with education in these things and support from youth through to senior teams, but each club can only do so much, and at some point they have to draw a line and show repercussions. They can do that while still providing support to the victim.

Yes Iā€™m not blindly ignoring the fact that Flanagan is hardly an integral squad member, especially compared to the others, but he was always very well liked in the club set up, and if it sets a precedent should another player at any level behave in such a way they get treated the same, itā€™s not the worst thing.

Donā€™t be fooled the rocks that I got, Iā€™m just Iā€™m just

7 Likes

werenā€™t you only 6 at the time?

I broadly agree here but for the fact that the other institutions donā€™t inherently place kids on a ridiculous pedestal and introduce them to a world where they can potentially have everything they want in life.

Iā€™m being hyperbolic but thereā€™s definitely an argument that football clubs should have more of a responsibility for the socialogical side of players that are under their wing in a way that isnā€™t necessarily the case for schools etc

1 Like

Pay for top brass at investment banks, hedge funds, etc. is not any different to that of Premier League footballers.

They have the same problem in terms of churning out absolute weapons as wellā€¦

3 Likes

really gutted this wasnā€™t about Arsenal and isnā€™t a gun joke
can we pretend it is

Yes

the thing about Arsenal is it keeps housing absolute weapons

2 Likes