The Apprentice 2017

Actual job: once told someone their app icon should be blue.

1 Like

This is exactly why I can’t watch it.

I’m no genius - far from it, in fact - but I am able to generally display a fair degree of common sense in the workplace. The lack of simple self-awareness or any degree of nous really riles me in a way that isn’t healthy.

Oh yeah, I know that - it’s the same as any ‘reality’ show these days isn’t it? There’s no point having well-adjusted and normal people, because - well, as you say, it’s not great TV is it? I just find the cringe too overwhelming and have to leave well alone, personally.

My brother’s mate’s dad was on Deal or No Deal, had a whale of a time, spent a couple of weeks in a Bristol Travelodge getting pissed then won £25,000.

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty ludicrous if you try and apply it to real life. Any decent business has a no blame culture at its core, and so the view that someone must always be psychoanalysed and ripped apart for the perceived failings of one group relative to another and the idea that you’ll find a great businessman by giving the pile of dosh to the last person standing at the end of a three month orgy of mud slinging and deflecting is very silly.

As is the idea that being a good businessman is all about dressing like the wolf of wall street, and imagining yourself as the king of some imaginary jungle…and the elevation of ‘pitching’ to some kind of higher art form second only to classical poetry.

The whole show is framed in such a way that only massive wangs can gain entry to the process and so the cycle perpetuates I guess.

1 Like

I’ve had a ludicrously bad couple of days at work, and have been in a pretty terrible mood as a result.

Seeing a contestant called Mr Burns say “When life throws you lemons, make and sell lemonade at a reasonable profit” has made everything seem ok again. Amazing.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing a whole team of suited twats running around central London begging passers by to purchase tat they designed and made the day before. Then celebrating making a £200 profit (ignoring their time, transport and literally everything but the raw materials) and the other team making £20 less and being utterly castigated for it, all to be blamed on one hapless person who made a minor mathematical mistake during production.

3 Likes

Me too!

sure there’s a lot of valid opinions here but this year I’m getting all my appreciate info exclusively from alan’s twitter feed

2-4-6-8…

Ok let’s get this going…

Not sure I can be arsed with these people this year.

Bunch of bellends.

Happy with that as a team name.

3 Likes

The guys trying to sell burgers to thin air and saying that you don’t need to think about costing when you’re manufacturing has done me :'D I love this show so much

2 Likes

Lord Al’s jokes are still shit

‘One is the minimum I’d expect you to sell’

‘If you can trust us with an error in the packaging then you can trust us that they’re great burgers’

No words.

2 Likes

So cringey that they just crossed out the word ‘organic’.

“I had my hands in that meat, and I mixed it.”

7 Likes