The Archie and Sabrina TV megathread

Finished ’brina last night, verdict; pretty good

Thing the casting, atmosphere and look were all great, and had the building blocks of quite a satisfying story the corruption of Sabrina unfolding was good, my only qualms are I think there wasn’t enough of her regular high school life after the beginning, and don’t think they really made the stupid decision’s Sabrina made with harvey’s Brother convincing seemed a bit mechanical for the sake of the plot development (also think having his soul eaten and making Harvey kill him was genuinely too dark

Netflix sent me a message telling me to watch it again

I find it really hard to watch Riverdale knowing it’s set in the same universe as Sabrina cause I keep expecting supernatural stuff to happen. The spooky stranger things music makes me like… oh cool great something spooky is about to happen. Nope.

Also find it quite hard to watch these High School Kids being so dramatic about stuff that doesnt matter that much. It’s not like they live on the hellmouth or need to save everyone from evil demons.

Three episodes into Sabrina and mixed feelings so far.

Michelle Gomez is outstanding, Sabrina herself and the two aunts are great. Is Ambrose meant to be taking the speaking part of Salem’s old role? It’s not working. The school scenes and characters are dull.

I wanted it to be more Buffy, but I think it’s all a bit too Harry Potter/Charmed/Grimm/Lost Girl for me. That whole courtroom stuff in the third episode was just utterly, utterly terrible.

I want a familiar though. Please. Thanks! :slight_smile:

jughead’s on board with the class war

Really enjoyed Sabrina, so started watching Riverdale.

Wasn’t sure about S1 but got through it cos eveyone on the show is really fit. First few episodes of season 2 are soooo bad though.

S2E4 - legit one of the worst episodes of TV I’ve ever seen.

series 2 is terrible and it kind of retroactively ruins season 1

Whats s3 like

too early to say but doesnt seem to be the back to basics approach I had hoped for spoiler: archie is in some kind of prison fight club orchestrated by some crooked prison guard, veronica has set up some kind of speak easy under the diner, and betties family are involved with some kind of cult, there is also some penoid game that is causing people to harm themselves

New episode of riverdale is good

The dream demon episode of Sabrina was like a filler Buffy episode.