The Autumn 2020 Wrestling Thread! Featuring: The G1 Climax! AEW hoovering talent and taking pop shots at Vince! The road to Survivor Series!

A real shame but so long as he doesnt have any complications or a very bad reaction he’ll be back well in time for the Oct 14th title match. Having world title matches every week is quite Attitude era so I hope we just get promos for the two episodes in between, but hopefully it goes well!

1 Like

Yeah I guess the silver lining is there’s plenty of time to quarantine before the big match. It’s just unfortunate it happened on a week they’re taping live!

You get your wish :smiley:

These two go back foreeeeeever, way back to CZW and Chikara. They’ll gladly beat the piss out of each other. Hope it pops a fantastic rating.

2 Likes

:smiley:

Pleased for him - I heard he was pretty much done when he got the call to fight Cody. Now he’s main eventing on live TV. Not the circumstances anyone wanted but it’s a neat way to tie up a loose end and a lovely story.

1 Like

NWA International Tag Team Title Match

Riki Choshu & Yoshiaki Yatsu (c) vs. The Road Warriors (Animal & Hawk)

AJPW Super Power Series 1986 Day 21, 12 June 1986, Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Japan

War Games Match

Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Paul Ellering & The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson, JJ Dillon, Lex Luger, Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard)

NWA The Great American Bash Day 4, 4 July 1987, Omni Coliseum, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Tag Team Match

The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)

WCW Monday NITRO #27, 11 March 1996, Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA

2 Likes

Million Viewer Man is a great nickname

2 Likes

That was the first AEW show I watched in full since lockdown started and cant tell if the matches were really dull or its just the lack of crowd noise but I found it kind of tedious. Liked Codys new look though

Jericho is still entertaining as heck to watch

It was a bit flat tbf. They usually like to start hot and Kip/Miro were clearly not the team to get things going. It was a weak opener and they struggled to pick up momentum from there. Orange/Brodie didn’t really gel all that well, then they had back to back awkward promo bits…

I thought the women’s tag match and the title match were pretty good but it was a bit late by then.

In other AEW news Ben Carter had 2 blinding matches on Dark and that bonus Dynamite episode…then got Covid. Bit of a mixed week for the lad. I like him a lot though.

That opening tag match was soooo sloppy. But yeah the womens tag was good and the title match was okay but all the rest was a snooze fest

2 Likes

I’d not seen much of Miro before and tbh I could do without seeing him again. This whole wedding thing is gonna be painful.

1 Like

He’s just rusty from all that live streaming he’s been doing :thinking:

1 Like

Not massively enthused for the end result of this because I really hate dog collar matches but I fucking loved this promo

thought Page and Uno knocked it out the park too
and Brodie and Orange actually. Good episode imho, bad beginning undoutedly though.

Was only thinking the other day about the dozens of cross promotional wrestling couples (and friendship groups) there are now and how quickly covid could spread through all the companies…and it sounds like that’s what kinda happened.

Cage, Archer and Carter all worked a Warrior Wresting show together recently and seem to all be ill now. I’d say all the indie dates with either weak or non-existent Covid measures the numerous non-WWE contracted talent still need to work are probably a huge risk.

Enjoying Alexa bliss’ character work

1 Like

she’s pretty much the only one on that whole roster who can actually act to a convincing level

1 Like

Well G1 has certainly thrown up some… Interesting results so far

Gedo is having a bit of a Vinnie Mac throw anything at the wall and see what sticks during COVID. I assume in some way he has decided It’s the best course of action to keep people interested with limited crowds

4 Likes