THE AUTUMN 2022 WRESTLING THREAD (feat. some stuff that's happened already, placeholder until the new year, happy Mert?)

punk coming back as a heel would be so good

4 Likes

it would be printing money, and allow internet fans to go “I TOD YA IT WAS A WORK”. Everybody wins

4 Likes

Did a small lol at that fan during Mox’s entrance wearing a CM Punk with an X taped over it with gaffa tape. You fucking mark like :joy:

2 Likes

I think the smugness levels would actually be fatal if that happened. Just opening any of the wrestling reddits would result in instant violent death.

1 Like

Max Caster thirsting on MJF is the best storyline in wrestling tbh.

1 Like

This Dynamite card feels very determined to not cash in on what happened at the PPV. Really wish Jericho would naff off for a bit, as good as Ishii is there’s 0 doubt about who’s winning this match, and to be honest I couldn’t care less who’s RoH champion.

1 Like

Has death triangle vs elite a big enough story to warrant a seven match series? Suppose it’s good practice for the elite as an absence.

Weird they wouldn’t advertise a woman’s match

Feels to me like a little indulgence to say sorry for their suspension or something. I’m sure the matches will be good, but it does rather seem to put the rest of the division on ice.

Agree that it’s weird not to have a women’s match or at least another segment billed, there’s a whole bunch of stories they could be following up on - a lap of honour for Hayter, building the storyline with Britt, addressing the interim title situation, giving Toni a reset, building up title challengers. It’s a shame.

Not going to be told that Ethan Page and Ricky Starks aren’t the same person.

1 Like

I can’t be the only one who has had my fill of The Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks in all its various forms? Like by a couple years now? ANYONE?

4 Likes

I love a good spotfest but seeing this 7 times is insane!
Hoping death triangle win 4 nil

2 Likes

I’d sandwich three singles matches and a tag in between the two trios matches for the remaining six matches of the series

Hire me TK babes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Buying ROH so far feels lile a hinderance to aew im general tbh

6 Likes

I’ve often said I could happily watch the Bucks & the Lucha Bros go at it every week.

Never expected them to make me prove it though tbf.

3 Likes

Can’t blame Kahn for jumping at the opportunity to get the library etc without having a plan for what to do with it as a whole and don’t really blame him for putting the odd match on AEW occasionally, when he first got his hands on it, but he’s had nearly a year to come up with something that doesn’t just devalue the belts across both brands with endless title matches on TV

1 Like

Yeah, I’m the same. You’re never not entertained, but you just feel as if you’d like a break after 15 minutes haha.

“Oh we’re only half way through? Oh ok. Oh look, another Tope…”

1 Like

Think it’s just a farewell to Death Triangle, Fenix and Penta will turn full face and PAC’ll go his own way - possibly feuding with them both in Jan.
It’s been done three times now on AEW telly the past three years, and now they’ll have six more.
I do think it’s better than just giving the Elite the belts straight back (although it seems a bit inevitable), and if they throw a few stips in should keep it fresh. Tldr I’m into it.

2 Likes

You mean you haven’t seen enough superkick trading spots yet?

1 Like

Although I could watch PAC sell Omega’s offence all day

2 Likes

Kind of shame AEW pride themselves on not booking matches and not delivering (barring injuries/suspensions) else I’d totally be up for House of Black crashing the superkick party. I’m happier to see a lot more Death Triangle v Elite than most it seems but the addition of some big spooky slabs of meat would make things very interesting.

2 Likes