The back to work thread (a guide to overcome the pain)

Yeah, so this may seem self-centric but for those of you who know me you’ll know I have a Virginia Wolf stream of conscious (boring) style. Stick with it.

I’ve com back to work today after a glorious 2 months off where i grew a beard and forgot about work and generally just had a great time. Think Monday blues and times it by a factor of 1000 and that’s close to where I am now. What makes it worse is i’m having to live away from home during the week in order to be at work - a good opportunity to gym of course, but my gym at home is probably better.

Anyway, to the point. What are your ESSENTIAL back to work tips to help you overcome the pain.

I have two thoughts on this:

1. Moan about it endlessley (to yourself unless you want the sack) and then later realise you were being stupid and it isn’t as bad as you thought

2. Try to embrace it and boldly correct your pessimism with extreme optimism.

Or do you go for the secret option number 3 where you smile, but really inside is the monkey with the cymbals.

Thoughts and any other tips to help me overcome the DREAD would be great.

I’m sure others may benefit from this too.

Probably bottle it all up and cry myself to sleep every night tbh

I’m close to that

Don’t care

Good, but not your best.

i stay up all night almost every sunday, means i’m a danger to myself and others on monday but i can spend the bad half of the week recuperating and by thursday i’m ready to be people again.

definitely a healthy and appropriate way for an almost 30 year old man to live.

Oh I’m not muted. Good.

I did welcome you back but nevermind

Its not that I don’t care I’m just saying stop caring about it. It’s fine

Have your next time off pencilled in your diary, few random days off in the meantime

No I can see you - sorry I may have missed your welcome back. i’m still getting used to the mac and have just downloaded chrome as safari wasn’t really very good here. Yeah I should stop caring, but it’s easier said than done.

sounds like a case of the mondays

Yeah so we have easter weekend off which is good, but I wont have any time off for a good while now. I don’t know where in the world I will be, which is very annoying.

Of course it is.

So what’s going on.

I thought you’d left to go freelance?

Did you struggle or was it just a temporary thing?

Off topic but can I ask you a question? On old dis you started a blank subject thread, but it wasn’t the standard alt+255 method of having the type of blank space character dis allowed to be a thread title, the website source code had a genuine zero character subject that shouldn’t have worked, how did you do it it’s always bugged me

Still in the army?

I realised that in work I get to walk about 8,000 steps over 6 hours without moving outside of a small room. Do you get to do a lot of steps? sounds like you’re into being healthy so maybe focus on how great the steps are for your beautiful body.

Numb the pain with alcohol and prescription drugs

No I didn’t. Well, sort of. I left my unit as an individual, but it was just temporary. Went overseas and joined a larger group of individuals from all over and conducted my job and have now come back to a cohesive unit. Which sucks.

Oh yeah I’m certainly getting a lot of that. I have a fridge full of my prepared food to get me through the week too. Health wise I can keep up with how I got on at home.

I do realise that it may bug you. I honestly can’t remember off the top of my head, but I did make a note of it. I’ll try and dig it out.

Chris. What on earth have you been doing??