The Beatific Exhalation of a Fresh Page Being Turned - The Midweek Football Thread

FA Cup fifth round weekend. Rochdale v Spurs, and Whelan Athetic v City at least have a bit of narrative factor. United should comfortably beat Huddersfield. Bit grim otherwise. A friday night Chelsea meltdown’s probably a bit too much to ask.

Not too many big #eurofix - the Sunday lunchtime Turin derby probably the pick of the bunch. In-form Milan v tasty Samp could be a guddun. It’s also the Suffolk v Norfolk ‘not really a derby’ derby.

Gonna be a long one.

Swear united have already played huddersfield about 12 times this season already

Twice. We lost one 2-1 and then won one 2-0

This has been your United vs. Huddersfield update.

You also lost at home to Huddersfield B (David Silva scored iirc)

2 Likes

Sounds like Shagger Pardz’ Top Lads on Tour plan’s backfired and Gareth Barry’s got absolutely soiled and nicked a car!

1 Like

Is this the first interesting thing Gareth Barry has ever done?

5 Likes

<3

1 Like

Believe it or not he was notorious for being a bit of a beermonster at City but always got away with it because he was such an all round GBoL and the lynchpin of England’s midfield.

Murder someone

4 Likes

Definitely has the haircut of a serial killer.

Are there any games on BBC television this weekend?

So is Rob Green!

2 Likes

The Spurs game on Sunday. And they’ve got Wigan v Man City on Monday (which isn’t the weekend, I know).

1 Like

I think I saw three FA Cup games involving Spurs last season and fell asleep before goals in all of them.

Yawn.

Shitshow.

Well at least you’ve got a nice early evening snooze to look forward to on Sunday.

1 Like

Big Willy <3

Why do people think Norwich vs Ipswich isn’t a derby when it most definitely is?

Derbies are games between clubs from the same city. Anything else is just a rivalry. Wednesday v Sheffield United’s a derby, Liverpool v Man United isn’t. Spurs v Arsenal’s a derby, Forest v Derby County isn’t.