The Beatles Never Existed - The Movie

Right which one of you wrote this movie script?

2 Likes

Didn’t Goodnight Sweetheart do this?

2 Likes

I think Quantum Leap did it even before that.

it’s no Across the Universe

Never actually watched due to Bono being in it. Shite?
Neither are an I Am Sam to be fair.

Is that Tamwar?

2 Likes

I liked it a lot but it is very cheesy. Bono’s only in it for 5 minutes to sing I Am The Walrus while everyone trips on acid

Hmmm.
I’ll see at at some point maybe :slight_smile:

directed by Danny Boyle, from a screenplay by Richard Curtis

giphy

26 Likes

Looks amusing. I will watch this, on ITV2 in a couple of weeks time.

20 Likes

It is Tamwar!

Also, @almal100, if you were to ask me which cinematic team I would least like to contemplate a film by, this pairing is high, high up the list.

quite enjoying the casual savagery of this post.

10 Likes

you should make a thread of this

1 Like

He comes across quite well.
The real tagline should be
“Fella from Eastenders is the only person in the world who remembers the Beatles, everyone else appears to not remember the beatles and is also a ballbag (sheeran, cordon etc)”

2 Likes

As I’ve gotten older I’ve kind of learnt how not to be furiously hostile to Richard Curtis and his films and… I think I feel much more at ease with the world as a result. I’ll give this a watch why not.

My mum will fucking love this. That’s who it’s for though I guess. Is there a hint of Curtis trying to dispel all those people who questioned the films he made with just posh white people in with the casting here?

Looks fairly dreadful but I’m pleased to see Tamwar doing well.

4 Likes

The major flaw is of course the fact that the music business isn’t a meritocracy based on the quality of music compositions, or anything of the kind. “Jack” would never become famous if he’d written The Beatles songs for (at least two) reasons: 1. lack of singing ability. 2. racial prejudices of mainstream music consumers.

the world does not need this film

4 Likes

Ol Eddy Sheerz is a massive vacuum isn’t he? Dead behind the eyes, not a shred of charisma, just a husk.

8 Likes