The Beatles Never Existed - The Movie

Ol Eddy Sheerz is a massive vacuum isn’t he? Dead behind the eyes, not a shred of charisma, just a husk.

8 Likes

2 Likes

might as well be an inflatable.

8 Likes

He’s good in that thing on C4 with Jo Brand and Alan QI in it.

1 Like

Yeah I forgot about that until this thread

The combination of it being a Danny Boyle film and it also being a weird fantasy that I’ve had since I learned to play guitar (not specifically The Beatles, just travelling back in time and “writing” hit songs, Marty McFly style) means that I’m willing, nay, eager to hold my nose through the Corden-Sheeran-Curtis triumvirate of turgidity to watch this

1 Like

I think this is the weird bit that could be covered in a less crowd pleasing, low budget film.
He doesn’t go back in time, he just plays their songs now in the modern day while people are oblivious to their prior existence.
If the music of The Beatles really was gone surely the musical landscape would be quite different. Also in said musical landscape would anyone give a shite about some guy playing Love Me Do or something.
Man In The High Castle: No Beatles Edition.

3 Likes

I’ve got an idea for a film where Britain finally gets over the beatles, the sixties and takes its rose-tinted nostalgia down about 4 gazllion notches.

8 Likes

This looks like it will be a fine Sunday afternoon watch and that’s okay

2 Likes

Nice, my similar idea:

5 Likes

Danny Boyle hasn’t ever made a good film.

bet this ends up being surprisingly enjoyable

1 Like

Sunshine and 28 Days Later are good

8 Likes

Nah, maybe not a GREAT film, but certainly some good ones.

I very much enjoyed Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, 127 hours and A Life Less Ordinary.

7 Likes

This one looks good tbh.

Yeah, that was my first response too. But I wonder if that’s addressed in the film.

Lucy In The High With … no, i got nothing

1 Like

I used to dance along in my bedroom to the dance scene in a life less ordinary

1 Like

127 Hours is his only good film sorry

(not seen Sunshine)

19 Likes

8 Likes