The Beatles Never Existed - The Movie

do wings exist?

4 Likes

Coldplay exist in the film so I guess not.

Though maybe without The Beatles, Coldplay would have got there first

No.
All transcontinental travel is done by hovercraft!
:wink:

6 Likes

As a brown person, itā€™s really nice to see another brown person as the lead in a film like this. Will probs watch it just for that reason.

7 Likes

Nope. Thighs and legs only.

Only one man remembers wings and when he fries a batch up, Ed Sheeran loves it.

1 Like

Heā€™s been very good in everything Iā€™ve seen him in.
Great to see his career going well.

if youā€™re quick thereā€™s scope here for something about football positions

Everyone plays Mourinho-ball or something :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather watch this fifty times back-to-back than Paris, Texas once.

have you already seen paris, texas ?

3 Likes

Aye nailed it. While the Beatles wrote some great tunes and all, remove them from their context of being groundbreaking, massively influential and culturally ubiquitous and the impact would be greatly dulled. I meanā€¦ I still think you could get a record deal and a decent following if you could churn the Beatles 12 albums out in the space of a decade, but you ainā€™t gonna be causing Beatlemania.

5 Likes

Not sure about this really. A Youtube hairdresser brought Birmingham to a standstill last week.

3 Likes

I do think thereā€™s probably a really good speculative piece to be written about what may have been if The Beatles legit didnt exist. Would music have stayed buttoned down repressed and strait laced. Thered have been no British invasion for the US, all the theories about Beatles music easing tensions with soviets etc wouldnt have been a thing. Would people like Beach Boys have excelled without the Beatles as rivals. Would there have been as much of a counter culture/summer of love? How would the 70s end up? Would a punk backlash have come earlier or not at all?
Think. Piece. :thinking:

3 Likes

When I was 11, I had a recurring fantasy that Eminem didnā€™t exist suddenly and I released all his music and got famous. This is literally that except without the comic relief that an 11 year old boy from the home counties rapping about growing up in a trailer park in America would have brought to the movie.

Knew I should have gone into scriptwriting.

3 Likes

I disagree as they are really good songs

Must have been a pretty great haircut.
Fair fucks to them.

Aye but Beatles music in their era shaped the course of music to where we are now.
50 years worth of listening/taste habits being altered would lead to what people nowadays would like being radically different potentially.

1 Like

imagine hearing a load of beatles songs for the first time in 2019

most of them sound shit enough even taking into account the fact that were written decades ago. itā€™d be some sub-Britainā€™s Got Talent shite if someone came out with Hey Jude now.

7 Likes

Ryan Adams claimed to have only listened to the Beatles for the first time last year. Iā€™m not suggesting you ask him, though I guess you could, heā€™s quite chatty on the olā€™ social media. But also, chinny yeah, Ryan.