The Best Haircut You Ever Had

##I
have never had my hair cut

Just worked out that I can sort of recreate this with the manual igniter for the gas stove.

My ears are now feeling very smooth and there is a stench of burnt hair in the air.

1 Like

I’m going to go and get a haircut and a beard trim at a proper place once they reopen. Never done it before.

Never had a good haircut

1 Like

I have extremely shit hair which I have cut myself for the last decade, AMA

I have hated every single haircut I have ever had and thanked the hairdresser profusely and left a tip all the same. This tends to be why I only get it done every two years.

The only good bit about going to the hairdresser’s is the head-massage during the pre-cut wash. Then my hair does its usual trickery of seeming to behave one way wet and then an entirely unpredictable way dry and now it’s thinning it is completely uncontrollable without copious amounts of product, which I despise.

I think I’m done going to the barber. In lockdown I bought myself some decent BaByliss clippers and have been cutting my own hair well enough to continue saving the time and money when lockdown ends.

1 Like

Hate getting a haircut - just feels like a monumentally boring half an hour.

Also I have never done anything remotely interesting with my hair. Would quite like to one day go in and just let the barber make up his mind what to do with it but I dunno if that’s unnecessary pressure or a pain in the arse for a barber or they love the freedom. I just don’t know.

Doubt the place I go and spend a tenner would be up for this experiment.

My hair’s been a lot better since I started going to a salon place that’s mainly for women (I’m a man), not only do you get treated a lot nicer but they’re very accommodating of me going in and saying, ‘I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, never style it in any way, and just push all my hair to one side with my hand in the morning. Can you make that look good please?’ And somehow they manage to do that for me. Costs about £20 but I think it’s worth the expense to not have to really bother with my hair.

This gives me serious flashbacks to the time I found my 16-25 railcard and wondered what happened to the lad in the picture. (In my case, it was ale and chips.)

Might get wigs, they’re just hair hats anyway

i have had 1 haircut in the last 12 months and my hair is the longest it’s been in about 20 years. canny wait to get it chopped off.

The one I’m having six days, 16 hours and 13 minutes from now.

Wow this is an old thread!

Haven’t had a proper haircut for 14 years now, which is cool

1 Like

I guess it was 9 years when this thread started!

1 Like

This place, in Pitlochry. The day before my wedding. I just kept leaving my haircut and ran out of time back home so totally chanced it at the nearest place I could find. Fucking weird place, there was a tub of anal lube on the shelf behind which he sort of (jokingly?) offered at the end. Brilliant haircut though, never had one as good since or before.

1 Like

Ha ha.

first pic was taken in my parents house, then went to my mates house and he did the mohawk in his kitchen (he’d done the same for another mate, but I was still his 2nd ever haircut, with no training)

cost of £0 then went to a party with a punk theme, then returned to my parents house the next day and the second picture was taken

top notch haircutting work imo

this was done by a work colleague who was doing a barbers course part time on the side, so was also free

in summary, paying for haircuts is a very bad idea