The best money you spend each month

I don’t mean for essentials like rent or electricity, but things you could realistically do without but love so much that you won’t. For me its my £20 phone bill (20gb internet) ans 9.99 google play music subscription :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Red wine.

Although your post said something that you ‘could do without’ but I’m genuinely not sure I could get through a month without having something rich, red and delicious.

My rolling DiS donation to keep this beautiful place alive

chucking at quid at a terry’s choc orange or a bar of toblerone. Maybe not a monthly thing,but it should be at least monthly!

tenner for spotify’s pretty good like

It should be 5x more in my opinion.

I have a a little beeper in the car that let’s me go through toll gates, costs 3 quid a month and I hardly ever even use it but its cool

I guess however much the broadband is. Lightening quick, never drops out, lets me work from home and is the beating life force of the home.

Chilango burrito for lunch. Or a massive ITSU sushi tray. £10! Not every day, of course.

Too many things to list if I’m honest

£25 beer box
£5 Eurosport
£10 Deezer

$3,600 on candles

in months when I get my money’s worth, my €20 unlimited cinema subscription. I think that and my Apple Music subscription certainly represent the best potential value ‘frivolous’ spend each month for sure.

Another vote for Davidoff Cool Google Play Music.

£5 a month VPN that lets me watch GBBO, Strictly, football and hockey.

New dresses

Try to go to the local independent cinema, Home, once a month for a matinee film. Usually buy a fancy magazine and read for an hour in the bar beforehand. Sometimes i’ll watch two films and get some food inbetween. £20-£35’s probably a bit excessive for someone out of work, but you’ve got to do things you enjoy, eh.

Gel manicure - costs about £20 and having nice nails all month feels good even if the rest of me looks a bit of a mess

Only subscriptions I have are Mubi and Beats 1/Apple Music but both are priceless. That’s £7.99 and £9.99 a month for basically way more entertainment than I have time for. Mubi is so well curated that it stresses me out not having time to watch more than a few a month

Your gym money, surely?