The best "normal" dinner, pound for pound

It’s lasagne right?

7 Likes
"sandwich" cream

alright, garfield

lasagne is pretty bloody good, yeah

12 Likes

I don’t think you can beat a slow-cooked chilli, Tone.

9 Likes

sausage and mash.

21 Likes

strong, strong answer

That’s up there for sure. It’s got the “better the second day” factor as well. Lasagne is fucking good though eh

I like the speed and simplicity of carbonara.
eggs cheese pasta and pork all made in the time it takes to boil the pasta.

7 Likes

Good but undermined by the fact that mash is a pain in the arse to make as nice as it should be.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a very good shout also.

Depends. If it’s champ or Irish mash or similar and rammed with onions, spring onions and butter, and some proper fancy herby sausages, and a thick northern gravy then i’m with you, but if it’s not it’s muck.

I was going to say stew or cottage pie, but thinking about it cottage pie’s kind of a Brexit lasagne, really. Spuds rather than pasta and no garlic.

2 Likes

honestly, sometimes used to get the pre-made mash. sainsburys and 'trose do decent ones and they’re almost always on offer (used to shop late, I guess)

2 Likes

Brexit lasagne :grinning:

5 Likes

really just enjoy mash, sausage and some sort of veg. no extras. obviously onion gravy and some braised leeks along wish some proper nice mash is deluxe, but as a normal dinner, its hard to beat for me, clive.

4 Likes

i enjoy layering a bit of mash and half a sausage sliced lengthways in a folded slice of granary bread.

1 Like

People will snigger, but my absolute favourite meal, partly because it’s incredible, partly because it brings back good memories, partly for convenience, is Smash, beans and cheese, just all mashed up, like baby food, but with loads of ground pepper on. Fuck off if you don’t want that when hungover on the settee.

7 Likes

Always and forever

Bleurgh. The worst of the potato forms

1 Like

Made exactly this tonight. Cheers.

That’s absurd.

11 Likes