The best "normal" dinner, pound for pound

I remember watching a worst cooks thing on Channel 5 maybe a decade back. Basically Bammer’s premise. It was pretty good fun.

Richard Blackwood to host.

I would watch that.

1 Like

that’s her!

1 Like

Jealous. Would love to make a cassoulet, but seems finding all the right ingredients would be a faff.

I used to buy it in tins from Borough Market as a treat. Me and Mrs F used to call it “tinned sausages in beans”.

English cassoulet

6 Likes

Have this a lot and variants of it. Takes very little effort.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s nice if you like that sort of thing (not a fan of coconut myself), but I reckon anyone calling that a cassoulet to a French person would run the risk of being made into one.

1 Like

It’s vegan so appropriation is allowed.

Well do I need to continue with what a typical French person might think a vegan cassoulet was?

1 Like

I make this often and it is delish.always use very good and posh bread

I have such a weakness for those sausages. I know they’re gross but they’re also delicious

• I agree it is naughty
  • There is no shame in these delicious treats
  • I do not like them

0 voters

That is up to you, Col.

“First prepare your vegan”

they taste like bread to me.

Yeah although I rarely use leeks as more likely to have onions knocking about.

Using a nice sourdough topper like that works really well with loads of shit. Often do it with puy lentils and a little stock, binning off the beans, coconut and ginger.

I’m a fucking maverick, chegg, what can I say?

I don’t think I could say goodbye to the beans in this dish, they’re what make it so good to me. I respect you and your right to modify the recipe though.

I guess it isn’t really that recipe anymore, just some shit with sourdough and oil on the top.

I got a bit obsessed with jacket potato with cheese and butter earlier this year. Had it every day for lunch a while (and I put on tons of weight as a result that I haven’t shifted yet). I absolutely perfected the crispy skin though and I just couldn’t stop making them.

Could really have one now.

1 Like

Yeah I limit myself to one or two per month because otherwise I’d be the size of a house.

Even then, the meat sauce only takes what - 15 minutes? Brown the mince, add standard other ingredients, simner for a few minutes.