The best "normal" dinner, pound for pound

2 Likes

not something i’d ever order at a restaurant due to the high quality of cheaper shop bought or homemade.

1 Like

picked up one from Tezzers on the way home last night from the Reduced to Clear section, didn’t i. had a couple of Linda McCartney sausages from the freezer with it and had a ruddy good time. lovely stuff.

3 Likes

I don’t mind a lowish grade cafe lasagne TBQH. With chips and a can of Coke.

7 Likes

In terms of flavour and price, I’d have to vote for the mighty dal. Lentils, spices, onions, garlic. Got a cauli knocking about? Roast it up and chuck it on. Spare aubergine (you middle class bastard you)? Fry it up with some spices and on top it goes. Top quality dinner, well versatile, easy and cheap.

7 Likes

Lasagne is too posh for me to class as normal.

Going to say a veggie burger and chips, maybe with peas

2 Likes

This is a solid shout

um, really?

7 Likes

Prefer a spag bol to a lasagne myself

Also gonna nominate Thai green curry & rice.
Chicken breast, curry paste from a jar, some peppers, coconut milk, boil in bag rice, wicked.

4 Likes

Don’t think you can count a ready meal, you can probably get nearly anything as a ready meal.

The best “bung-it-in-the-oven” normal dinner is Bernard Mathews escalopes with cheese and ham, oven chips and peas.

i would argue that by 2018 the majority of all lasagne is consumed in ready meal form.

Don’t know what an escalope is so unable to weigh in on this one I’m afraid

Sorry Harru, I’ve got a lot of respect for you but that’s fucking bullshit and you know it.

still shaking my head at this

Tooo completed and skilled to be a normal meal.

No way could I cook this

Mate, sausage and egg pie is fucking superb and it doesn’t look like that.

Chicken in breading?

Sure this could count/be good!

1 Like

i’m big on thai curries at the mo too. find most supermarket pastes to be a bit rubbish but this shiz is a game changer

dunno why google led me to irish tezzers there but whatever

1 Like