The best pubs in your town

always been a fan of this wee boozer. :+1:

1 Like

Brudenell Social Club
The Angel
Wharf Chambers [not necessarily a pub but a pleasant place to drink]
Cardigan Arms

5 Likes

There are only 2 pubs in my village and they’re both a bit rubbish. Nearest best pub is probably The New Inn in Moreleigh (approx 30 mins drive). There’s The Cove (calls itself UK’s best craft beer bar but what it actually won was Beachside craft beer bar, a far more niche category) in the next village but that’s disappearing more up it’s own arris by the day.

Larbert:

The Station Hotel

That’s it. That’s all you need.

3 Likes

Ventoux is class. A real gem!

Cardiff:

City Arms
The Grange
Tiny Rebel
Goat Major (I like it because it’s very old man style)
The Albany (in summer for its beer garden)

Also big shout outs to Gin and Juice, and its sister ship Rum and Fizz, both of which are tasty as but are not pubs (and are also eye-bleedingly expensive)

Best night out is to start at the City Arms, womble about on Womanby Street for a bit, then just go to Charles Street and dance a lot, maybe end up at Minsky’s. Quality.

1 Like

yeah i like it there, v cheap too

More dark beers = better pub, 100 per cent

1 Like

Not a fan of the castle & falcon?

Tiny Rebel, which I mentioned above, brew a marshmallow porter that they sometimes have on tap, and it’s my favourite beer of all time.

2 Likes

Woah

1 Like

Been a while since you went to Charles street I guess then ! only one place open now.

My selection from the Diff

Tiny Rebel
City Arms
The Flora
The Albany
Goat Major
The Lansdowne
The Romilly
The Halfway

2 Likes

Good choice on avoiding Aldershot’s pubs; The Garden Gate is the only passable one. The best place for a pint is the bar at the West End Centre - it’s got a nice atmosphere, they usually has a decent selection of drinks and you don’t need to go to whatever event they have on to get a pint.

1 Like
  • The Evening Star
  • Beer Dispensary (only been once since Jim went to Haus on the Hill though, so could have changed)
  • Basketmakers
  • Bierhaus
  • Lord Nelson (again not been in for a couple of years, but was also a good spot. Might change to Prince Albert though)
1 Like

Evening Star has changed ownership unfortunately and the beer’s not as good. Still a really nice pub though. I like The Pond but it’s always packed

1 Like

Also seeing you mention Haus on the Hill has reminded me that I heard that the chef from Bus Stop has gone there so I’ll have to check that out

1 Like

good list. I’d definitely add Shakespeare’s Head to it though.

1 Like

My offie does this in cans, think I tried it once and it didn’t taste enough like marshmallows for my liking (though I might be mixing it up with the many other falsely advertised beers out there)

To be fair, last time I went out in that sort of fashion we ended up at the Kings and it was AMAZING - I didn’t really stop to see what else was going on (do miss both Exit and Club X though).

1 Like