The best really short Albums (25 mins or shorter - 30 mins max)

We’ve had a lot of chat on here about bloated records and double LPs that could be improved with a bit of healthy pruning, so I thought let’s celebrate the art of the short album! What are your faves? Which albums run to sub 25 mins (or 30 if you want), don’t have an ounce of fat or wasted run time?

I guess this could easily be dominated by thrash/metal/grind whatever but maybe think outside the box as well?

My absolute favourite Mt Eerie/Microphones project comes in at a trim 24 mins:

Remember a few years ago when Kanye produced a bunch of 20 min records? Anyway, this is my favourite miniature rap lp from that era (21 mins):

Listened to Talons’ ‘Rustic Bullshit’ (24 mins) last night which inspired me to make the thread in the first place. So many sad guitar albums take twice as long to convey half the heart-break:

And finally, one of my favourite albums of 2021, Mustafa’s ‘When Smoke Rises’, 23 mins:

How bout you?

7 Likes

My first thought was Elliott Smith but even s/t was 30’29".

1 Like

Whack World ofc

9 Likes

i don’t like shit, i don’t go outside is a perfect 30 min rap album imo

6 Likes

Frankie Cosmos - Zentrophy

17mins 20s

@dots

4 Likes

Lifetime - Jersey’s Best Dancers

3 Likes

That Pusha T album and Whack World are definitely amongst my favourites.

I think my favourites from the past two years have both been exquisitely produced R&B:

2 Likes

Reign in Blood is a bit obvious but it’s a classic for a reason. Its strongest at the start and end but it’s lean and killer throughout.

I’d known Raining Blood for years before hearing the rest of the record. Would love to have had to the experience of hearing Postmortem into Raining Blood completely fresh for the first time, would have blown my poor mind.

12 Likes

This Adultery Is Ripe is 21 minutes

6 Likes

Definitely the album I’ve listened to most since it was released in 2018. 15 songs in 15 minutes, so much creativity and playfulness.

Not as good as Double Nickels but still a great album

8 Likes

Metz - Metz

Comes in at 29 mins 50 seconds

8 Likes

I prefer it.

The original release (without Mrs Robinson) of It’s A Shame About Ray clocks in at 29:46, and is one of the greatest albums ever released, so it wins this thread at a canter.

10 Likes

I love JAGUAR so will check out The Juice box :+1:

1 Like

Ramones by Ramones
Leave Home by Ramones

3 Likes
6 Likes

Ahh @Funkhouser beat me to it by seconds :smiley:

1 Like

:fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

The Breeders Pod is 30 minutes.