The best unexpected tea (dinner if you're a softlad) is, without doubt...

Just had a flashback to going to Do It All in Wigan with my dad and him getting me a big hotdog from the van outside.

*in a bun with bits of napkin stuck to it.

3 Likes

I can’t have an unexpected tea unless I give myself some sort of amnesia between cooking and eating

1 Like

Aye, me too lad. If a foodstuff has its specific purpose on the packaging you’d better believe I’m using it exclusively for that stated purpose.

1 Like

You’re dead fucking wrong there mate. Dead fucking wrong.

They’re light, fluffy, fresh as a fucking daisy. You’d do well to actually do a bit of fucking research before running your gums.

Finger rolls (2) from supermarket bakery
Herta classics (1) (or 2 per roll if you’re feeling fancy)
Microwaved
Rolls spread with proper salted butter
Squirt of Heinz ketchup

Anything else is doing it wrong

Oh these boys will stodge mate, they’ll stodge with the best of em.

that’ll pass

1 Like

2x herta classics per roll
2x co-op or equivalent finger rolls
1x ‘cheese single’ per roll
Onions
Squiggly line of ketchup
Squiggly line of French’s American mustard.

1 Like

Dice an onion, finely chop a chilli and fry for a few minutes. Chuck these bad boys in with it for a few minutes more. Stick em in some in-store bakery hot dog rolls.

Or better yet, chop the sausages up and serve on top of some fries. One of those lunches I’ll really fancy sometimes - shame going to the supermarket is more trouble than it’s worth these days.

Bought some ‘One Cup’ teabags once. One cup, that’s what I do, I make one cup of tea!! Yessss it’s going to be perfect!!

2 Likes

Used to make a dish that was 10 Herta dogs chopped up and fried with onions, add a jar of tomato and mascarpone sauce, some double cream, grated cheese and tortellini and cook it all up for a bit.

pro tip guys - the jarred dogs in brine you get in Lidl/polish supermarkets are better than Herthas.

didn’t hear this from me.

also last forever.

One of my faves is a packet of Mediterranean cous cous, 3 chopped up dogs, some cherry tomatoes, coleslaw and balsamic glaze, all in a bowl. It’s great.

1 Like

Ever seen non-pork ones, friend?

accidentally get the chicken ones sometimes ;(

1 Like

Taifun tofudogs (probably 5 times the price a tin of hotdogs like)

2 Likes

Yeah, the funk-man has nailed it here

2 Likes