The Big Bad DiS Hot Drink Race 2017 - Preparation Polling Thread

I will not be participating as I typically get my break at eleven and make my tea and bring it back to my desk at the of those fifteen minutes. I wish you good luck with your experiment Ant.

Preparation of the drink will commence at 1100hrs so you should be able to get involved still!

I will be walking to my desk at 1114hours with a freshly prepared cup of tea so I fear I will throw your data out of whack.

does the kettle need to be boiled ready to go at 11, or is boiling time part of the experiment?

I don’t think myself or @sadpunk will be expecting to-the-second consistency across the community on this, the important thing is that participants have fun.

1 Like

Preparation will commence at 1100hrs, if your preparation involves boiling the kettle than that should start at 1100hrs, if (like me) your workplace has an instant boiling water dispenser, the preparation will be speedier. Again, I really can’t reiterate enough that this process should be fun for the participants, needless handwringing about the details won’t be conducive to the intended atmosphere.

sorry tony, I just want to do a good job (and have fun in the process!)

1 Like

really looking forward to this. i would like to thank @anon5266188 and @sadpunk for arranging :pray:

2 Likes

The fact that that is your intention is, in and of itself, evidence of a good job being done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in absolute agreement with Ant vis-a-vis the small details.

This incredible event will be held knowing that people have different preparation techniques and facilities, the milk content and mug size will vary massively and the temperature of the drinking environment will be different.

The important thing is that we come together to enjoy what I hope will become an annual DiS event.

3 Likes

I would like to partake in this. If I’m out at a job I may have to request/demand that the occupant of the premises makes me a coffee.
It will obviously not be me preparing it nor will it be in my preferred chosen receptacle.
Will this throw the data all out of fucking whack?

excellent phrasing

If anything it will add a bit of extra flavour to proceedings, I welcome it personally, Spunky?

I think it’s a welcome curveball - can’t wait to see what transpires Acceps!

2 Likes

(I guess you could upgrade to AcceptanceIV now)

Off home now - cannot wait for Monday!!! :coffee:

1 Like

Let me know if you think of any amendments or additions to the big event! Have a great evening and also weekend!

1 Like

Right back at ya!

1 Like

I’m not really sure I understand what the point of this is.