The Boys (and Gen V and other spin-offs)

I’ll agree too. The shows really hit its stride this season and is balancing the gore/satire with a decent plot very well. The opening imagine bit was spot on.

1 Like

Homelander realising that the plane video they have over him doesn’t bother him and that he’ll just kill everyone if it was released was particularly sinister and wonderfully acted by Anthony Starr, blooody love him.

7 Likes

yeah great scene. hadn’t heard of anthony starr before seeing the boys but he’s absolutely brilliant in it.

1 Like

Actually a much, much tighter plot than the comic run at this point.

1 Like

lol most recent episode of the boys with the flashback of his room - big West Ham poster on the wall and underneath a Charlton Athletic scarf. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did that to purposely wind people up

9 Likes

Even kept up the odd accents with his younger self and brother

3 Likes

“ we could get some kids in that are English or can do accents”
“Errrrmm just get them to do impressions of butcher or Keith’s gonna luck a right weapon”

3 Likes

think i’ve mentioned before but those enjoying this, especially season 3, would do well to also hunt out Peacemaker series.

1 Like

Couldn’t work out if they were meant to be in England either, most American-ass looking house I’ve seen

2 Likes

Last ep at the rally it pretty much feels like pure trump

2 Likes

Bit of a disappointment that final episode felt more mid series finale that series finale. Still good just not as good as the last one.

Also Black Noir dying felt a bit too obvious

Also one last none spoilery thing is the very weird press that has been getting like they are all entirely surprised that this show is satire. It took you 3 seasons to work that out really?

1 Like

Re your spoiler…

I don’t think he’s dead :black_heart:

Been confirmed by the showrunner although wouldn’t surprise me if he isn’t

Didn’t know that I read that there would be a Black Noir II but not that the actor would be back. Cool

1 Like

Absolutely infuriating how shit the marketing is for this because I’ve put off watching it forever because I assumed it was something it wasn’t. The rubbish name really doesn’t do it justice either.

Anyway, I love it. The guy who plays Homelander is one of the most fantastic actors in any series right now: a fascinating mixture of narcissism, neediness, American exceptionalism, late stage capitalism, daddy issues and emotional numbness which he oscillates between masterfully. A total star performance.

11 Likes

Every time I see a cast interview I’m like, “who’s that guy wearing specs?” before realising :joy:

1 Like

Enjoyed the finale a lot, sad it was over so quickly.

If I have an issue, it’s maybe just that it feels like
everything has been reset pretty much, Soldier Boy is gone, Newman as a secret supe is still an issue, Homelander going full mask
off and getting Ryan back is the only real change. Not a complaint as such, just doesn’t feel like the situation has moved on that much. Guess we’ll see where it goes next season in however long that will be.

3 Likes

The first two episodes feel like a marked step up from the first two seasons. Just a smarter package all round with a lot more to say.

2 Likes

So, so here for the amount of Billy Joel deep cuts in this show. I punched the air when he showed up in a The Stranger T-shirt.

1 Like

Hughie’s tee game is :fire:

Have become slightly obsessed with the big font Last Waltz one :heart:

2 Likes