The Boys

The first two episodes feel like a marked step up from the first two seasons. Just a smarter package all round with a lot more to say.

2 Likes

So, so here for the amount of Billy Joel deep cuts in this show. I punched the air when he showed up in a The Stranger T-shirt.

1 Like

Hughie’s tee game is :fire:

Have become slightly obsessed with the big font Last Waltz one :heart:

2 Likes

Tbf MM isn’t exactly letting himself down, Boogie Down Productions was sensational.

This was the one for me tho:

Very very close to a purchase

1 Like

For anyone who enjoys Karl Urban’s accent in The Boys (which let’s face it, is all of us) he uses the same accent playing the lead in recent kid’s kaiju/King Kong mashup The Sea Beast :+1:

5 Likes

I watched Thor Ragnarok again the other week and had forgotten he does it there as well :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s his real accent and the kiwi thing has just been a show this whole time :exploding_head:

scared of spoliers so not reading back but that start to series 3 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes
1 Like

Finally finished S3. The finale was mildly disappointing with regards to actual plot development, but the season as a whole was really good. Not often that a show gets better and also smarter as it goes on. Jensen Ackles was a fantastic addition too.

I hope that the next season is the last, or the plot shifts in a big way, because otherwise I do think it’s spinning it’s wheels just a touch.

3 Likes

Presumably there’s absolutely no need for anyone to know noir isn’t the same person in the suit so there will still be a black noir around

Pegg is the worst thing in the Boys. Pointless.

3 Likes

He’s just there as a shout out to the comics though right - he doesn’t actually DO anything really does he?

2 Likes

Yeah I know it’s some passion thing for him but for some reason I just get annoyed whenever he’s on screen doing his terrible accent

Huey replacement aside, Butcher and Frenchie’s on screen versions letting the side down somewhat…

I initially read that as Rosemarie DeWitt playing a hero called the Staircase.

2 Likes

Teaser for Season 4…

1 Like