The Boys (and Gen V and other spin-offs)

Watched first 2 episodes of this last night off of the back of this thread having not heard of it. Fantastic so far. Funny, violent, chilling in places, and as someone upthread said, oddly believable too.

1 Like

isn’t this the plot of watchmen

iirc the heroes in the Watchmen were government employees?

1 Like

the incredibles then?

They were vigilantes weren’t they?

dunno

Not heard of this , what i-

:wave:

2 Likes

Watched the 1st 2 last night

So far I’m liking it - will work as a stopgap till Watchmen starts :smile:

You get to see a willy in the first episode.

Don’t know the comics but really enjoying the first episode. Karl Urban is definitely channeling The Stathe.

I’m on episode four. Karl Urban’s accent is all over the place; anywhere from London to Sydney but apart from that he’s pretty good in it.

Excellent series so far.

2 Likes

am i too late for this thread?? ahhhh! this is awesome stuff. finished it last night and i can’t wait for the next season now. gahhh!

ya i mentioned in the netflix thread how cool i thought it was to show them explicitly dosing and arming ISIS and other jihadis to maintain a strategic interest in the middle east. like they neatly critiqued US foreign policy in the space of 2 scenes and it didn’t feel overbearing or forced at all. remarkable they got that in there.

1 Like

The guy playing Homelander is absolutely excellent.
Going to have to watch bloody Banshee now aren’t I ffs

Karl Urban’s accent is almost as frightening as Homelander himself.
Cockney was a bad choice

2 Likes

he’s from NZ too isn’t he, should have just let him talk with his own accent

1 Like

Love this. Just finished episode 4 - Jesus.

I’m a total fair-weather comic reader, and when I started watching I didn’t realise it was a Garth Ennis comic, or a comic at all for that matter. The premise really reminded me of the beginning of Civil War.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that.

1 Like

Exactly. Don’t fuck about with accents if there’s no real need for it. It’s pointless.
Also, he can do a decent US accent from what I could tell from probably the best film ever made, Dredd.

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying just how bad that accent is and just put it down to the fact Butcher was an Aussie who must have spent took long in the east End on his gap year :smiley:

4 Likes

Pretty sure his British thesp accent in LOTR was ok. Maybe he’s just having fun with it.