The Breeders (Rolling) - 'Last Splash' 30th Anniversary Edition coming out this year.

That interview is brilliant. I have a lot of respect for Kim, such an interesting person.

1 Like
2 Likes

Really enjoying this on first listen. Lot’s of lovely sounds going on

1 Like

Enjoyed my first listen as well. Might go for a walk in the snow and listen to it.

What a rubbish album cover
This sounds nice though on first listen

Forgot about these solo bits Kim Deal did a few years back. Will report if they’re any good. Walking with a killer is a very good song tbh

2 Likes

Something is definitely happening in the Breeders camp. Announced for Coachella, Kelley and Jo show up on Lydia Lunch’s podcast, Kelley is doing a reader’s questions thing in the Guardian this week. Crossing my fingers for a new record.

This post paid for by PROF$.

5 Likes

Listened to this. Kelley is an absolute scream, slagging Lunch for never getting to go on tour on a proper bus, accusing her of having syphilis, arguing with Jo about how Jo hates touring.

They’re going to release a Last Splash 30th anniversary edition with unreleased material. (Which seems impossible after the LSXX box set.) Doing various American festivals with an eye on European dates too.

2 Likes

Why the fuck they’ve never done a Pod reissue with the demos I do not know. They’re the whole record in demo format and they’re genuinely worth a listen. The version of ‘Doe’ is better than the one on the album AND there’s a version of Pixies ‘Silver’ on it.

2 Likes

Bloody hell rhat 10 years has absolutely flown by.

3 Likes

Oh bloody hell. Ten years already. I remember the 20th anniversary Last Splash gig where they played that and Pod in its entirety too. Great gig at The Forum (I think it was).

3 Likes

Have had that box set since then and haven’t played it once.

I kept meanin to get it and then it disappeared from every or went to a silly price.
Maybe I’ll get the 30th anniv one :smile:

Fuck me, at least €160 on Discogs! I’d sell it but I’d need a VAT no. to register as a seller on there and frankly fuck that.

1 Like

DiS cogs marketplace seems to be such a pain in the hole.
Could always eBay or aell it to a record shop?

I never knew Lydia Lunch had a podcast, definitely listening to Kim and Kelley on it :smiley:

1 Like

The record shop here deffo won’t take it back off me, he was selling three or four copies of it for €55 as he couldn’t flog them at full price at the time! I got the vinyl version of Zaireeka for roughly €30 off him too.

eBay might be the answer. My father has an account he’s sold through before so I might ask him to get rid.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like

Ah flip yes used to see that Zaireeka set all the time.
Set a reserve on it so you don’t lose out.
I haven’t even got Last Splash on vinyl at all so if there’s a fancy pants (non eye wateringly priced) version this time I’ll be on it :smile:

1 Like

Lydia is definitely an acquired taste but she has some fantastic guests on it. Have the Martin Rev episode lined up for the weekend, which could be a spiky affair.

Well the normal pressing is back in stock! I might pick it up and get rid of the box.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like