• In the last 5 years
  • Longer
  • Never been

0 voters

Ever worn braces?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Went to the dentist earlier this year, already pestering me for another appointment! Told me to use a soft brush as they were concerned about receding gums. Also, they cleaned out all my plaque and my teeth felt sharp and weird for weeks, bit reluctant to go back tbh.

Flossing’s fucking horrible and anyone who flosses is a very questionable human-being, imho.

1 Like

is one of those airfloss things a good purchase?

• yes
  • no
  • u wot m9

0 voters

Every time I go they harp on about me going to a hygienist, or I’ll get gum disease “again”. Firstly, as far as I’m aware, I’ve never had gum disease, and also, I managed 40 years without going to a hygienist. Why should I start seeing one now?

1 Like

Also, wore retainers for a bit as a teenager, after one course of them was told I could do another and really fix the issue, or give it up. Because I was a stupid vain kid and they were quite painful I sacked it off. Why did they let me decide? I had no long term decision making skills. Wish they’d made me carry on with it, lazy fucking orthodontist.

3 Likes

Was a massive manual advocate, but got told to switch to electric by the denno cos my gums were falling to pieces. Never looked back.

1 Like
  • Lisa needs braces
  • So long dental plan

0 voters

Yeah my first few brushes with an electric were painful and bloody cause of how fucked my gums were. Now they seem fine and strong

1 Like

Fillings

• 4+
  • Dunno

0 voters

I might switch to electric. Mike uses one so we have spare heads which means I can change TONIGHT.

Shall I?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Yep, as a teen they said I could have braces for cosmetic reasons but it would involve teeth out, be painful etc so I said no. Now I am contemplating getting them done privately for my goofy face.

No idea why my parents didn’t make me.

1 Like

Yeah. They’re cheap enough and are genuinely so much better. Plus 2 minutes is a lot longer than it feels like, pretty sure I was never brushing for long enough until I had one

root canal

• yes I have had one it wasn’t that bad
  • yes I have had one it was awful
  • nope

0 voters

Warning -

2 Likes

Extractions

• yes I’ve had one (or more) and it wasn’t bad
  • yes I’ve had one (or more) and it was awful
  • not had one

0 voters

Try not to think of Balonz when you’re using it, mate.

1 Like

It’s coming up to nearly two years since my root canal. Never had tooth ache like it, it was horrific. Dentist couldn’t find any source of decay and said that the infection was due to teeth moving (??) because I had a brace when I was younger.

Had 4 teeth removed when I had my brace fitted. None removed since.