The Channel 4 Royal Wedding Thread

The Queen is incredibly popular. Admiration of her seemingly increases with her age

Who knows what’ll happen after the next one is coronated

This one will live forever m9

4 Likes

I thought the country was more divided on this issue than united, but it makes sense actually. You don’t see many MPs pouring outrage over this like with Brexit. Being a republican is kind of ‘batshit outsider stuff’ in parliament.

country voted for over a decade of the tories and to leave the european union because they were sick of polish people living on their street.

unsurprising.

2 Likes

Yeh, journalists tellingly wanted Corbyn to confess he’d bin the monarchy off if he ever were to become PM

Also tellingly, he hasn’t mentioned the monarchy in recent times

disagree, Time Sands is a tune

https://vimeo.com/216535753

my enduring memory of the sleaford mods was binning a few of their demos they’d sent in to the radio station I was interning at in 2011 thinking it was some sort of joke.

3 Likes

But the extent of the support is surprising, I would’ve guessed slightly over half of people are for it, not nearly three quarters.

always find it quite funny that the Daily Mail loves having a pop at Charles even though in a few years they’ll be having to venerate him the way they do with the Queen. but maybe they just won’t bother and Charles will be unpopular enough to collapse the whole monarchy

1 Like

blimey

Nice to see the couple from the American Gothic painting are still going strong

3 Likes

I hope those are ventriloquist dolls

Doubt it’ll be immediate. The pageantry of the coronation in living memory is probably enough to save the monarchy as an institution*

*until a salacious scandal

1 Like

If I never hear or read this word ever again after today it’ll be too fucking soon.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Do you ever sometimes think it’s a peculiarly British thing to fawn over people who are considerably wealthier than everyone else?

I think it’s something an awfully high percentage of British people do, sadly. A lot of people seem to have this perverse simpleton mentality where they are really happy for people who have a much better life than they do.