The Christmas Day Thread of Christmas Day

Happy merry Christmas all you lovely folk :partying_face:

Hope you all have an excellent day, and if you don’t then that is ok, and DiS is here at least to help you vent our hopefully to cheer you up a bit x

Woke up at 5am with a load of ankle pain which is stopping me from getting back to sleep. Also had a weird dystopian dream. Can’t get out of bed until R is awake but I’m desperate for some more water.

Looking forward to the nice things of the day, hope I don’t jhansi things too stressful with being less able to help/being in the way. Hope R wants to play with his new lego with me :brick::heart:

27 Likes

wotcher FL, wotcher everyone else who isn’t awake now. :christmas_island:

sorry about your ankle, that sucks. did they not give you any lovely lovely pain medication?

my insomnia is back in a big fashion, not had more than a couple of hours a night since saturday. got pretty pissed last night and still nothing doing. love to be awake through the entirety of a hangover.

going to my friends house that I helped build for christmas dinner, they moved in last night. he told me he got a chandelier for christmas, the bougie sod.

Christ I do some moaning

14 Likes

Sorry about the insomnia, that is really rubbish :frowning:

No lovely pain medication unfortunately, just yer standard paracetamol’n’ibuprofen combo for me, and that doesn’t feel like it is doing much.

This sounds cool, so long as you don’t have to help install the chandelier!

Moaning is fine, moan all you need to :+1:

1 Like

Merry Christmas. The girl woke at a respectable 6.20am (ish) and us now cataloguing her little stocking haul while wanting to open the big presents

9 Likes

Acorn!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone. Should probably start wrapping presents up

15 Likes

A merry Jhansi to you too FL!

Everyone enjoy yourself and eat yourself sick. What a GBoPs we have here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got enough newspaper? :slight_smile:

Weirdest autocorrect/accidental swipe I think I have ever had, doubt I could recreate it. In fact I have just tried and it is impossible.

5 Likes

Aye

10 Likes

Good stuff :grinning:

Here we have gone down the brown paper or, or reused paper from Christmas I route. Might go to newspaper next year if I run short.

Don’t remember getting home

• You’ve probably been sick or something
  • Go back to sleep

0 voters

Morning all. Merry Christmas! :santa: :christmas_tree: :partying_face:

We had about 15 minutes before the eldest asked us what the giant present was :smiley: they’re now unwrapping while we drink tea

40 Likes

Good plan that actually, wrap to minute detail to give yourselves time to relax with tea while they open it.

4 Likes

Morning! Kids awake at 6.45 which isn’t bad. V recording every present opening with a head cam :laughing:

R on the Lego make.

35 Likes

Merry Xmas everyone!

24 Likes

Is that a south devon chilli farm box?

HOLY SMOKES IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!

13 Likes

She’s delighted :slight_smile:

And the youngest has the headphones and is having a dance while her big sister drums :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Very pleased!

54 Likes

R loves his stocking presents :blush:

37 Likes