It’s that time again lads, let’s have a look at the menus for any work/social meals and that you’re going/been invited to.
Here is mine:
- Chicken liver & brandy parfait, plum & apple chutney
- Mushrooms poached in garlic, pancetta cream & sourdough toast
- Classic prawn cocktail
- Brie beignets, mulled wine soaked berries
- Honeydew melon, mint, mango sorbet
- English leek & potato soup
- Turkey, apricot sausage meat stuffing, smoked bacon wrapped chipolata, seasonal vegetables, cranberry & bread sauce
- Sweet potato & squash coconut curry, steamed rice
- Roasted fresh hake loin on a leek, pea & parmesan risotto
- Westcountry beef & ale pie, vegetables
- Beyond Meat burger, smoked applewood cheese, salsa, fries, salad
- Christmas pudding, brandy & vanilla custard
- Lemon Tart, raspberries, clotted cream
- Sharphams cheese, oat biscuits, chutney
- Chocolate brownie, mango & coconut ice cream
- Salted caramel & vanilla cheesecake, honeycomb shards
Just not convinced by the idea of poaching mushrooms.
The turkey but without the turkey.
Please can a xmas dinner for veggies just be a xmas dinner without meat? Why is this so fucking hard for places to understand. I do not want an alternative, I want all that delicious veg and potatoes.
Beige nuts is how I read the brie one.
We don’t have a work meal, and I don’t pay any attention to what they are doing as I never go but just had a look and it sounds suitably awful:
“We’re hitting the slopes with an Apres Ski theme, plus live entertainment, a silent disco and much more. The party starts at 7pm and will be going until the early hours”
Gonna stay in and eat a cheeseboard instead
Oh dear. I’m very glad that ours is just a meal and secret santa, in a pretty nondescript pub where we supply most of the beer so it’s free.
Do mango and chocolate go?!
Don’t know and I have absolutely no intention of finding out!
Worst thing in the world.
Also Apres Ski literally means after you ski, so you aren’t hitting the slopes
And it’s in a venue that’s known for hosting club nights exclusively for crypto currency investors
Extremely shit vegan options there. Like a Beyond Burger but it’s the new stuffed pepper for lazy restaurants.
Yeah they’re pretty lacklustre. Plus it’s in Totnes so would have thought they’d have been more on the ball.
Skipping on starters, but no idea what to go for. Next Wednesday as well, is a family birthday gathering but they’re running the Christmas menu.
- Turkey Risotto: parma ham wrapped turkey breast, cranberry, chestnut, parmesan
- Bajun Pie: ndjua, pancetta, smoked cheddar, scotch bonnet, macaroni
- Bangers and Mash: Harborne pork sausages, cheddar chive mash, roasted root veg, proper onion gravy
- Tandoori Fish and Chips: tandoori haddock, beer batter, triple cooked chips, minted mushy peas, curried tartare
- ‘I Was Born on Christmas Day’: orange and sage basted turkey, roast potatoes, spiced port braised red cabbage, thyme onion puree, nduja sprouts, proper gravy
- ‘Boxing Day Hash’: pork belly, potato, chorizo, caramelised onions, red cabbage, cheddar, mozzarella, spring onion, red pepper dressing
- Wellington: roast potatoes, maple root veg, cranberry sauce, proper gravy
- Homemade Sticky Toffee Pudding served with custard or ice cream
- Brownie: brown sugar vanilla ice cream, brandy-soaked cranberries
- Cheese Board: cheddar, blue monday, camembert, millers toast, pickled pear, celery, date/apple chutney