The Cure listening Club

Oh my! Fantastic news! I really wanted this, looks great. Can’t wait to listen to Frogfish.

A 3 disc CD set? Fuckin YES, MATE.

1 Like

Ooh!

Err yeah so while it pains me to advertise this, times are hard so fuck it: the 2xLP set ^^ is currently considerably cheaper over at Evil Jeff Bezos’ online bookstore.

I can’t see it listed there at all at the moment…

Nor I?
I went for the 2 x LP, 3 x CD, superfluous cassette bundle from the web store (was showing as sold out for the first couple of hours) the LP holds up the release by about 7 weeks, but this stuff’ll get shoved in a crate anyway.

Type ‘The Cure Wish 30th’ in the search field and it should come up. Currently £25.72

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wish-30th-Anniversary-Cure/dp/B0B41JR6LB/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=1B13Q3F3W7R1J&keywords=the+cure+wish+30th&qid=1659033034&sprefix=the+cure+wish+30th%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-2#

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

This is lovely.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

anyone know what Dim D mix means? Am I missing something super obvious?

it might be a reference to the Roland Dimension D?

1 Like

I just had to look that up, and I’m not confident I really grasp what it is but yeah it could be

Get over into the Siouxsie & the Banshees HGATR thread and vote for this folks please…

2 Likes

Woke up 4:45 today with the radio playing a Robert Smith sung song that was totally new to me, managed to stay awake long enough before nodding off again to see what it was

It’s a John Martyn cover which dates back to 2011 and a tribute album, Johnny Boy Would Love This. I think it’s quite beautiful, checked out the original and that’s super dreamy too so I’m going to do some ironing and listen to the album it came from.

2 Likes

Yeah, last track on One World, my second favourite John Martyn album. Enjoy, it’s a mellow listen …

1 Like

I really enjoyed the back half of it particularly, absolutely smitten with Small Hours.

Which is your favourite? Until today I only knew Solid Air and Inside Out

1 Like

Yep, Solid Air is my #1, but Small Hours has a fair shout at being the best thing he ever wrote/recorded. So there is that. Don’t revisit Inside Out much, but this exchange has got me thinking I should give it another listen. Also, they say that the Deluxe CD edition of One World is worth a listen for its live tracks and studio outtakes, so I might also give that a go (assuming it’s on Deezer) …

1 Like

Smith: “We will be playing from October and the new album will be out before then”

They’re cutting it a bit fine, tour starts next week. Have I missed any new album news or was he just trolling me again like he has been for years and years.

2 Likes

Got 2 spare tickets for the Gothenburg date and looks like no resales :grimacing: