The Dashboard Melted But We Still Had The Radio

Last 2 singles aside I fucking love Modest Mouse

Im pretty sure Dashboard is the perfect pop song

This is all

9 Likes

One of my all time go to just-had-one-too-many-and-fancy-bellowing-along-to-something tunes.

4 Likes

HELLL YEAH

Thats what made this thread happen

1 Like

We were dead may be the most underrated iver ever allowed an album to be. These days I FUCKING LOVE it

May give it a reassessment

I think Strangers to Ourselves is really underrated (I’ll concede that it would be better as a shorter album with some of the more fillery tracks removed tho)

2 Likes

My favourite MM song is on We Were Dead… “Spitting Venom”=BANGER

6 Likes

Relistening because of this thread. Afraid to stay I still don’t rate it very much at all (spitting venom is v good though)

Spitting Venom is incredible doe

3 Likes

And don’t forget Parting of the Sensory.

7 Likes

Comfortably the 2nd greatest band ever for me. I love everything they’ve ever done.

1 Like

Didn’t forget parting of the sensory

1 Like

I’ve always been slightly less knowledgeable of the later stuff because I can’t stress enough how blown away I was by the early stuff. There was a point when I was a teenager when I was listening to them pretty much every single day

One of my favourite bands of all time. My first tattoo was the balloon logo on my forearm. Live in constant fear of Isaac Brock being outed as a true scumbag and having to get it very quickly covered up.

The shows they did around the time We Were Dead… with Johnny Marr on guitar were incredible. Saw them maybe four or five times around that period and they were on fire every night.

4 Likes

I like that one about the tortoise

2 Likes

“IT WAS ALWAYS WORTH IT, / THAT’S THE PART I SEEM TO HIDE”

1 Like

Fucking love this band but recent album was a huge disappointment. Hopefully they’ll refind their mojo or release whatever they were upto with big boi.

I have never really considered myself much of a fan of them (I own Lonesome Crowded West) but I saw them live a few years back and they were great fun.

I love MM but they’ve fallen out of favour a bit for that bloated last record and not playing live here for ages, but lord they are great.

I’ve never quite got the Spitting Venom love though. Decent but don’t get why it’s always held up as one of their best. Isn’t it just a bit longer, and that’s it?