The Decemberists

Meh… Glasgow Academy. :frowning: Will probably go anyway.

Leeds! :heart_eyes:

Probably catch them in Dublin. Always great live.
For vinyl lovers they’re doing a limited version of the new LP (2000 copies) and signing them available from here:
https://decemberistsshop.com/collections/ill-be-your-girl-music/products/the-decemberists-ill-be-your-girl-12-vinyl-lp-orange

New song is up on Spotify

Just booked Leeds tickets to go with the TV. We have NOT seen them together on the four occasions now when we’ve had tickets so I’m excited to see what prevents us making it as a couple on Nov 10th. Previous occasions:

• Gig cancelled due to band illness
  • TV had something else come up that had to take priority so I went with a friend
  • I had an absolute shitstorm at work so neither of us went
  • TV was ill and had an exam the next day so only I went

Damn.
All the best for this time mate.
Got my tickets for Dublin today. Looking forward to the album.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

The TV is generally really uninterested in music, but loves The Decemberists. They hold a special place in my heart as a result so it would be lovely to actually manage a gig together!

1 Like

Gonna have a look at London tickets for this. Haven’t seen them live since 2007 when they played RFH and opened with The Tain. That was quite a bold move, smashed it out of the park, though.

Think they’re a great live band, even if I’ve found most of their releases since Crane Wife a little difficult to love like I did Picaresque and Crane Wife.

1 Like

That was awesome. Bloody loved that!

I’ve seen them on every tour since Picaresque and always love their show. Wasn’t planning on seeing them this time around for financial reasons, but my dad mentioned he was keen again the other day, so I change my mind.

1 Like

I saw them way back in 2005 in Glasgow. I was really into them at the time. We did the whale and all that, brilliant gig. Like you, I have not got on well with the new releases after Crane Wife, but I think it is time I saw them again - I’ll get myself some tickets for the November gig.

Just giving this a listen. It’s not registered as good or bad for me. Definitely more interesting than the last one though. :+1:

Hmmm… We All Die Young sounds like Wizzard. I don’t think I’ve ever compared a band to Wizzard.

2 Likes

Good DiS review

Haven’t heard it myself yet but interesting to see the different opinions so far.

1 Like

What’s with lifting the lyrics from Barnaby, Hardly Working by Yo La Tengo on the opening track?

No idea, but they do credit them in the sleeve notes

Crikey, this is (IMO) dismal. I really liked the first half of the last one but this is bereft of any good ideas whatsoever (IMO). Someone convince me it’s a grower please.

2 Likes

Yeah one listen in and it’s really not doing anything for me. And I liked the last one (but not bothered to go back to it since it came out tbh).

1 Like

It’s better than I expected from reading these reviews. A few throwaway tracks, but it hasn’t diminished my anticipation for November at all, which is the important thing.

2 Likes