The Delays (RIP Greg Gilbert)

Really sad news, he had an incredible voice and I loved Faded Seaside glamour :broken_heart:

The writing that both his brother and his partner were able to write about their time during the the treatment, and the hope, before the decline is so crushingly beautiful. I cannot imagine how people are able to survive these times and that level of heartbreak.

I am so sad.

4 Likes

saw them supporting Snow Patrol when they were touring Final Straw, me and then-gf both bought each other Faded Seaside Glamour for christmas straight after :grinning:

7 Likes

Adding my condolences and deep sadness at Gregā€™s passing. Delays were are much overlooked band, that my daughter and I really bonded over back in the day.

Faded Seaside Glamour and You See Colours are both packed with gorgeous tunes and extraordinary vocals. I could never get my head around why they werenā€™t huge .

Amazing dignity and eloquence in charting his journey through the dread C. Godspeed my friend, I hope you have reached a better place than this one.

1 Like

I knew Greg was ill but thought, hoped he was doing ok, this was a shock. I was drawn to the joy of those huge singles and associate Faded Seaside Glamour with some really happy memories. Listened to You and Me a couple of days ago when I wanted something to lift me, the way Greggā€™s voice swoops and soars, so expressive. Yeah, awful news.

Really sad news. I only knew Faded Seaside Glamour, really beautiful and elegant album elevated further by his voice. Saw them supporting the Manics once and were brilliant live. Such a young age and awful for the family. RIP

Such sad news, sending all the love to his friends and family. I love that first album but for some reason havenā€™t listened to any of the follow up, I will fix that today.

You See Colours is a wonderful record. I havenā€™t heard the last two, so Iā€™ll fix that as well.

2 Likes

To everyone looking for a good album of their, I reckon Star Tiger Star Ariel to be an incredible album and Iā€™d go to bat for it being as good as their debut.

1 Like
3 Likes

You See Colours was great, I think they lost a bunch of demos that were reportedly even better from around that time too.

1 Like

Absolute classic from the second album

1 Like

Iā€™ve been really enjoying the second album recently. I remember not being that into it at the time, however, i now think it is even better than the first.

1 Like

rinsed the debut recently

must admit iā€™d never heard of them before the bad news

Yeah, ā€˜Faded Seaside Glamourā€™ is a lovely album. It is as light as a featherā€¦in a good way.

1 Like
4 Likes