The DiS Gamepass Game Club - Game #1 Spiritfarer. Vote for next game live

Hey everyone.

This is a spin off from the Gaming 2020 thread (it’s a lovely thread with lovely people you should visit sometime) which is basically going to be like your book clubs and film clubs etc.

Every 2 weeks we’ll take a nominated game from the Gamepass service on (PC & Xbox) and play it. We’ve gone with this requirement for game choice because games are expensive and whilst the service isn’t on all platforms it’s probably the closest to Netflix we have currently.

PM me if you’d like to send a nomination, it can be any game on Gamepass that is available on both PC & Console. I’ll also include links to buy on other platforms of course along with price if you wish to participate (or perhaps you already own the game and looking for an excuse to play it!)

A lot of the games on game pass have fairly low requirements for PC so you wont need a souped up gaming PC to necessarily participate (although it’ll probably be an inevitability that you won’t be able to play all the games if you’re using a standard laptop/pc). There is a streaming service on Android devices called Xcloud if you want to participate that way but that’s currently only in the Ultimate version of Gamepass and isn’t an ideal experience.

For those looking to sub https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/pc-games there’s the link for PC and if you have an Xbox you can sign up on the Xbox.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!
This is the first game - as I await nominations from other users this will get the ball rolling. This delightfully charming looking game came out today and is on all platforms. It’s a cozy game about death!

Game #1 Spiritfarer

Spiritfarer is a cozy management game about dying.

You play Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, and craft your way across mystical seas. Join the adventure as Daffodil the cat, in two-player cooperative play. Spend relaxing quality time with your spirit passengers, create lasting memories, and, ultimately, learn how to say goodbye to your cherished friends. (it is also single player, co-op is optional)

Platforms: PC/Switch/Xbox/PS4

Here we go.

1 Like

Just spotted “sexual innuendo, mild swearing”. Now I’m excited.

2 Likes

as a ps4 player, go fuck yourselves.

And to think I said the gaming thread had lovely people D:

fuck you all

Oh here we go, the console peasants have found us

enjoy Lawncare Simulator 2020 or whatever you dweebs have bought vibrating gaming chairs for.

1 Like

Its a cozy management game about death

3 Likes

wanking, OBVIOUSLY

1 Like

Also, come on, as if you wouldn’t be buying a Season One Battlepass for Lawncare Simulator 2020

2 Likes

really hope this can tear me away from this stupid card game I play all the time

Oh I reckon I’ll give this a go

2 Likes

Nice idea, downloading this now

1 Like

Popped it on for 30mins during break and I love the animation! The cat ‘Daffodil’ is adorable :3 it hangs off of the 2man saw whilst u chop down trees

This is a great idea - i’ll download it after work tonight.

1 Like

I’m also ps4 and whilst I regret I can’t get involved, wish you all the best x

I’m going to keep the title of the games in the thread title so people can participate if they already own the game :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is a good idea and whilst I am not on the Xbox I was looking at getting this on the Switch so might join in but go rouge with the choice of console.