The DiS Gamepass Game Club - Game #1 Spiritfarer. Vote for next game live

I guess some games might be on other platforms too

I am playing this game on PS4 so going to barge in on this conversation.

Played it for an hour now and it is really nice, very chilled out, beautiful animation and some funny writing. Intrigued to see where it goes.

1 Like

Also, you can pet and hug Daffodil, this is important information.

The writing is good. ‘People like you are the reason we have middle fingers’

1 Like

That is the line I was thinking of when writing that.

1 Like

Will get it downloaded and have a bash tomorrow afternoon. I do love a good management game.

1 Like

Did what I never do now, and lost myself for hours in this. Intended to play for an hour whilst my partner knitted…four hours later it is 11.30 and I am wondering where the time has gone.

The core loop is very familiar if you have played crafting games before, but this is a much lighter experience on that end, maybe more akin to Animal Crossing? I had to lock into the chill play style the game wanted, as I went into optimising upgrade mode at some points and was finding it a bit tedious. But, once I just focused on following the requests of the animals to islands and checked out little islands between these I found a good rhythm. The minigames for crafting are pretty fun, short enough to not be tedious (this may change later when you need to do more of it) but with lots of charm in the animations. Charm is the word overall though, the animation is gorgeous and evocative, each character on your ship has their personality shine through their design which is wonderful, all the hug animations are top notch.

I’ve heard it is pretty long, so wonder if it will stay the course, but the four hours I put in last night were lovely, and a really good reset after a stressful day. I was supposed to play for an hour, then switch to Mortal Shell to check that for an hour…but it got its hooks in me!

Same thing happened to me last night. It has very much got a ‘just one more day’ aspect to ti that all good management games have. It’s very easy to get in a rhythm and you always have a checklist of things to do which at times can become a tad overwhelming but for the most part is just enough to keep you going an staying in a nice rhythm. Needless to say I’m currently loving the game

I hear it’s around 20hrs to 24hrs long

1 Like

It’s certainly whimsical, isn’t it. Hasn’t got its hooks into me yet but I’ll play some more tonight.

Played this for an hour or so this morning in the background whilst on work calls, it really looks great doesn’t it, especially when almost every game like this I’ve played recently has been that pixellated bit-art style. Some real effort has been put into the animation.

Not sure I’m going to stick with it tbh, the story and gameplay loops are pleasant enough but my heart sank when it asked me to water my crops. Life’s far too short for games with busywork like that in, I can barely find time to water my actual real life garden.

That Darksiders game that just a came on Game Pass is very much my bag though. Kill Loot Kill Equip New Sword Kill Repeat Forever And Ever. Ace

The tv just bought this. Said i might try it and she goes ‘you will haaaaaaaate it’ so maybe not.

The trick is to water your plants whilst yer boat sails. It very much becomes a game of spinning players but with very low stakes if you leave one of the plates to fall, think that’s why I find it so therapeutic

Just saying that to keep you off the switch

Have played this for around an hour and can confirm I would die for Daffodil

:smiley:

1 Like

Reckon the tv has played about 20 hours of this over the last few days, dont think I really need to play it now.

1 Like

I’m currently about 10hrs in now - although progress has slowed a bit and the plate spinning can get a bit overwhelming (although low stakes) I’m still find myself in a very nice rhythm and enjoying it a great deal. The writing isn’t quite as sharp as the first hour would suggest but still enjoying the characters for the most part (though not getting super attached which probably ends up being a detriment considering what the game is going for) but as a game I can dip into 1 or 2 hours a day I think its great for that.

The sense of adventure and seeing what’s next is the main draw for me - a lot of imagination.

Played a bit of this over the weekend. What a charming and quite melancholic game. So interesting, like an Animal Crossing for the afterlife or something.

It’s got that addictive Stardew Valley ‘just one more day I need to do this’ management loop about it too.

1 Like

Still really enjoying this, did my first faring of the spirit this weekend, and got a little welled up at it. Connecting with the acceptance of death theme, resonates with things that happened in my family recently which may be why I am happy to have this sort of game. Also, those animations are just charming and never feel old, Gwen’s idle animation of the smoking is such a perfect character design of how she is when you learn more about her. Also, the snake design in the robe is inspired. Making sure I take it slow and just enjoy the trip, making long journeys while I tend my garden, shear my sheep and what not.

The 2nd faring I did absolutely broke me Summer it really resonated in a way I didn’t think the game would be able to do so (see previous post)

Not just welling up - full blown tears. Kudos game.