The dregs of football in 2021

As we face the horrifying reality of a) Vestergaard starting for Leicester against Man City and b) the Man City fans here pretending they’re going to lose, let us vote on the festive Boxing Day fixtures, or what’s left of them:

• Man City
  • Draw
  • Leicester City

0 voters

• Norwich
  • Draw
  • Arsenal

0 voters

• Spurs
  • Draw
  • Palace

0 voters

• West Ham
  • Draw
  • Southampton

0 voters

• Villa
  • Draw
  • Chelsea

0 voters

• Brighton
  • Draw
  • Brentford

0 voters

And tomorrow:

• Man Utd
  • Draw
  • Newc Utd

0 voters

Probably should add an OFF option nowadays.

5 Likes

If the spurs game is called off I will have to watch James Bond and I think it’s about 3 hours long?!?

I’ve never wanted James Tompkins to pass a late fitness test more in my whole life

7 Likes

One of the best premier league fixtures of recent years

All games to finish 2-2 in memory of the archbishop

9 Likes

Not surprising but pretty shitty that neither club, nor the league have put out any info or statement at all on this.

Yes they might still be taking decisions at the last minute and that’s sort of understandable, but they could at least say “not sure yet, please keep checking for updates “

Radio silence from all parties is just taking the piss out of fans paying 50 quid for a ticket, as per.

5 Likes

The only source seems to be Mark Wyatt. It could be a complete punt from him with no substance.

1 Like

He’s from the football london website, whose hacks are generally fairly well connected with the clubs, afaik

Would be a weird thing to make up/get wrong, but also strange that he has all this insider info about meetings and stuff, that literally no one else is talking about. #properjourno

Latest seems to be tests this morning and in the case of no more confirmed cases the game is ON

I’d be pretty pissed off if I was going to the game with this uncertainty though

Yeah a lot of Palace fans will be leaving fairly soon.

Yeah this Spurs thing is weird. Wonder if it’s as it’s on tv

I think it’s going to go ahead at this stage. But we’ll have a very weak team out.

Our closest away game today, just the 156 miles to Cheltenham.

5 Likes

Trawling through Twitter trying to find anything else out and there was a theory that anyrearranged game would be in January during afcon, so perhaps preferable for palace to play today with a weakened team rather than then.

Yeah Crystal Palace

Isn’t the rule as long as you’ve got 13 fit players including a goalkeeper the game goes ahead?

On that I can’t see it being postponed. Last I heard us we had 5 or 6 out.

1 Like

Oh great, our main bogey team, who’ll be fired up after midweek, and who have most of their players back.

1 Like

Anyone going to a match today?

• Yes
  • No (game postponed due to Covid)
  • No (game is behind closed doors due to government regulations)
  • No (wasn’t going to bother anyway)

0 voters

Going to Carrow Road but literally no idea what sort of team we’ll be fielding.

This Palace situation is also quite infuriating for me because I still haven’t booked travel for it because I was convinced it would be called off or played behind closed doors. Guess I’ll make a decision today!