The English EFL Football League Starts Tonight

I’ll be happy if we even make the knockouts with out £1bn squad tbh.

Champers league playoff draw just now (is this the all-purpose football thread?)

yeah this is now the weekend football thread I reckon

Cool. Celtic and Liverpool are in the CL draw, Everton in the EL draw.

Ajax are not in the CL draw due to fucking up on Wednesday night. Season ruined.

Celtic vs Astana

QUALITYBAGS VS COPENHAGEN!

Liverpool vs Hasselhoffenheim

1 Like

should be fine, they’ve just spent the last few weeks beating Germany and Hoffenheim overachieved a bit

Have Hoffenheim still got Babel or did he fuck off?

left ages ago due to “disciplinary problems” he’s at Beşiktaş now after jumping around from club to club, including @aboynamedgoo’s Ajax

Looked like he might be a cracking cm in reserves, good cb for lvg and acceptable right back for Jose.

1 Like

if he keeps his head down and keeps training hard, one day he could be as good as Adnan Januzaj

1 Like

they DO have Serge Gnarby on load from bayern in the year’s ultimate #dodgydeal though and have a dynamic duo upfront in Andrej Kramarić (who was on load from Leceister’s championship side) and Sandro Wagner.

They also poached Håvard Nordtveit from West Ham in the summer who I always liked even if he didn’t work out at Taxpayers Stadium, he was great for Mönchengladbach before that

Looks more of a CB/CM by trade, but it’s easier to blood youngsters as full backs hence he’s played there under Mourinho. He’s at least very versatile and will be a useful squad player to have. Was incredibly composed in his first appearances under LVG, but there were a few more errors in his games under Mourinho last year and he didn’t impress quite as much from what I saw. Still, clearly powerful and physically gifted, seems made for the Premier League. Plus LVG, Mourinho and now apparently De Boer have all rated him so must be doing something right (and appears to have a good rep in the Netherlands).

As De Boer’s worked with him before, could be a mutually beneficial move.

PROPER RUDDY GRUDDY EXCITED NOW :fire: :soccer:

the start of the season was just a disaster, Di Matteo didnt really have a clue!

Bruce went in waves, started really strong, then we tailed off massively which harmed us then picked it up at the end of the season again. The only issue has been the football’s been a bit dire and we’ve been scraping through sometimes but if the players click and get more of a reign, we have some nice skilful players - and we’ve apparently just got that Onomah from Spurs

should be an interesting season

such is life in the champo

1 Like

I do wonder where we’d play him. De Boer is going with a back three. We do need a RWB as Ward can’t play wing back. Could Fosu Mensah?

is anyone doing a Championship fantasy football?