The Everyday Hell Of It All - The Rolling Horror Thread 2021

Only seen the first two. Used to have number 2 on VHS and watched it far more than I should have. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Planning to watch Raw tomorrow tonight. Been meaning to get to this for a while. Titane was a mixed bag for me so I’m hoping this might do it for me a bit more…

Raw is loads better

2 Likes

You’ll see - it has a few irritating things about it (without, deliberately, saying much at all) Get Censor on though, from what I read about your tastes you’ll love it!

1 Like

Last Night is fucking awful. The least original horror ever

1 Like

Good to know. Without knowing too much about the narrative, everything I’ve seen about it makes it feel like something that will appeal to me way more than Titane did.

aye go in blind if you can. The actual story isnt that revolutionary but its done so well

1 Like

Cool. I do find the whole video nasty era fascinating. I’m just about too young to have been renting these when they were available in video shops prior to the crackdown, but I think that whole era totally coloured at least a generation’s worth of British horror fans’ tastes in films. There’s nothing like banning something to make it way more appealing that it would have been otherwise.

1 Like

Sold. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah! That’s quite the statement. Such a pity as I had really high hopes for this. Great cast, the trailers make it look amazing, it just really looks like something I’ll enjoy so I’ll definitely give it a shot. Who knows, maybe lowered expectations might help me here?

Hmmm I’m not sure you will! You’ll defo see what films hes ripped off during it. Also i have no idea why Thomasin McKenzie is doing a Frank Spencer impression during it

1 Like

Completely. Like @Petagno i remember them and the attendant moral panic but I was just a bit too young to rent them. I remember going to the video shop in sleepy Buckinghamshire and scaring myself looking at all those horror videos (esp the backs that had loads of gory photos). when I was 15 I cycled there and got away with renting Hellraiser (which ofc I know was never banned) and it scared the absolute crap out me, had to turn it off. My dad came home and said he was going to remonstrate with the shop owner but luckily he didn’t. Happy days.

3 Likes

Oh god, really?

So much!

1 Like

I’ve combed the internet looking for old photos of British video shops from this era to feed my hunger for video nasty nostalgia but have never really come across much.

On a related note, my dad had a mate at work that kept him supplied with videos of dubious provenance. There’s no way that I would let my son sit through some of the stuff my dad seemed OK with me seeing, but of course, back then, I just loved it. Until things got really scary and I fled from the room. I remember The Beast Within and The Witch (aka Superstition) being particularly traumatizing.

1 Like

Fucking trailers!

1 Like

It is impressive that someone can be in Old and it isnt the most ridiculous film theyve been in all year

1 Like

It was good and all, not worthy of this horror thread. Was great but I was expecting a massive full on bloodbath, based on Mads and the exploitation-type title, which didn’t occur. GOOD though!

1 Like

Thread for the new year here:

@moderators - would it be ok to get this thread locked? Tnx :+1:

We only have three mods now?!?

2 Likes